Are you up or down as of 6/30 for the year?

+1.08%

Down about 2% due to some planned expenditures- with those out of the picture, just about even.

Adjusted for WD, + 2.07% (non-inflation adjusted), benefited from being in the process of rolling over DW's 457(b) so current AA was 45/51/4 leaving more cash on the table than normal. Used some of that cash for a successful short term trade based on the famous 2015 Greek Drama.

I am at 4.46% for some odd reason.

Did not deduct for inflation and no withdrawals (only contribs).

I am on a strange diet of Muni Bonds and stocks tilted with Biotech/healthcare returns....:angel:

Munis are still better than CDs in my opinion- most get called....so the horizon isn't as long as it might appear...;)

In another thread I posted that overall performance is 2% or so. Here are 401k details. Percentages next to actual funds are % of AA in just this plan.

YTD Rate of Return 4.36%
Stable Value Fund 10.50%
Small/Mid-Cap Indexed Equity Fund 50.50%
MSCI EAFE Indexed Equity 22.00%
Emerging Mkts. Indexed Equity 14.50%
Commodities Fund 2.50%

When these funds are spliced in with everything else, it does make sense! IOW, really just 15% in small/midcap US.

Glad I did this, as I found the fund lineup in my 401k changed recently, and I will need to look into. Might be able to simplify the international and shave off a few basis points of expense.

Down itsy-bitsy (less than 0.2%), no withdrawals, no contributions. Primary weak holding is Wellesley Income, other holdings are also income (dividend) stocks.

I'm up about 2.5% for 2015 after accounting for withdrawals. Currently using a 63% equity, 12% bond, and 25% cash mix (I know, cash seems high, but it lets me sleep at night given the current environment). If the market picks up, I know I may not gain as much as others, but the return will still be good enough to offset my 4% withdrawal rate.

Up 5.73%. I have a heavy allocation to international, so I don't always track the main US indices. Last year I significantly lagged the US market returns. 100% equities other than a year or two sitting in cash or short term bonds.

I also got sort of lucky by following my rebalancing strategy and moving $ from REITs to international investments at nearly the perfect time.

Investments up 1.9% YTD. Cash down 0.8%, but we have been deliberately spending "above our former means but still below our income means", as well as dealing with a couple of unexpected major bills. The net is still generating enough to keep by ER plans on track.

Up 5.73%. I have a heavy allocation to international, so I don't always track the main US indices. Last year I significantly lagged the US market returns. 100% equities other than a year or two sitting in cash or short term bonds.

I also got sort of lucky by following my rebalancing strategy and moving $ from REITs to international investments at nearly the perfect time.

Rebalancing at the start of the year also had me selling REITs and buying international. Funny how that works.......

As of Thursday's close, up .7%. I am OK with it considering I hold about 35% in cash currently.

As of June 30, my Retirement Accounts - the bulk of my investable assets - are up 1.90% YTD. No withdrawals.

Dollar-weighted IRR for total investable assets for the year through 6/30 = 0.51%.

Up +2.23%
Having a substancial position in Kraft Foods is responsible for a good chunk of the gains.

The thread title is "Are you up or down as of 6/30 for the year?"

6/30 is so passé now. A lot has changed in the few trading days since then.

Up about +7%. Have significant stock options for former employer whose stock is up +9% - with the leverage from the options, it carries my whole rest of my portfolio, which is largely flat.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

The thread title is "Are you up or down as of 6/30 for the year?"

6/30 is so passé now. A lot has changed in the few trading days since then.

No kidding! Quite a downdraft there. S&P went negative for the year yesterday.

Last edited:
As of 6.30 up 3%

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

No kidding! Quite a downdraft there. S&P went negative for the year yesterday.

Yeah, it's been a rocky year, although I'm trying hard to focus on the percentage amounts rather than the dollar figures. I think I peaked out around 5.7% back in May, but was down to 3.46% at the 6/30 mark. I think I dropped down to around 2.5% during one of those early July routs, but now I'm back to around 5.4%.

In the overall scheme of things though, a 2-3% swing here and there is nothing to get into a panic over.

Last edited:
YTD average across all accounts - up 2.1%

[edit] that included an $18k sale from after tax assets in Feb '15 to help cover expenses

Last edited:
Counting the year's withdrawal (usually taken in January) I'm up slightly for the year. Haven't actually calculated, but know the biggest single effect is "left over" Megacorp stock which has been on a tear lately. Will dump mass quantities this summer to cover special charitable gift. Better news (off topic) is that I'm up from almost 10 years ago when I ERd. Figuring I'll only need another 20 years (or less, heh, heh) for my stash to cover. Still, the plan is for 30! YMMV

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom