Are you up or down as of 6/30 for the year?

If I picked the basis as the value as of 12/31/2014, I would be up less than 1% as stated earlier. But if I compared to the value a few days later, like on 1/06/2015, then I would be up 3.5%.

I think I like the latter number better.

Last edited:
Up 2% after yesterday's drop, but I'm not taking withdrawals yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Unless you were invested in Vanguard Wellington which is about 65/35. It is up only 0.35% YTD through 6/30. Wellesley is down 0.4% YTD.

At this point,
-0.17% Total US Bond
+1.88%Total US Stock
+5.42% Total Int'l Stock
-6.23% REIT index

Clearly, international was not a bad place to be. It would be up even more if the Greeks had cooperated.

Damn, I must have some bad luck on my automatic monthly purchases dragging down my Total Stock and Total Int. as Im barely above 0% for the year in those two funds. Dollar cost averaging at its finest! Overall up 3.4% almost of it all interest income only.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: up or down

Surprisingly I am up 4.98% from January to now.

Still working about 4 years to go to retire.

TWRR = -(0.25%)😢😥🍟🎰🚽

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

In my fail-safe, risk-free Dividend Portfolio I am down 2.1% for 2015. The main culprits are: Exxon, Chevron, Royal Dutch Shell and me.

Please note: this portfolio is currently closed to new investors.

Like Andre1969, I am still w*rking and saving. Based on Personal Capital's "You Index" I am up 1.8% versus 0.9% for the S&P 500 YTD. According to my spreadsheet, investment assets are up 5.6% and my overall NW is up 6.1%.

In my fail-safe, risk-free Dividend Portfolio I am down 2.1% for 2015. The main culprits are: Exxon, Chevron, Royal Dutch Shell and me.

Please note: this portfolio is currently closed to new investors.

fail-safe risk free portfolio is down ?

isn't that like jumbo shrimp , pretty ugly , and happily married ?

the fidelity insight growth and income model is up just under 3%.

the income and capital preservation model is up 1.11%.

i just eliminated using the combo of the two models and got rid of the bond heavy income model.

to early to report on the new model i switched to.

Hey, everybody! Subtract out 1.27% from your YTD return.

Why? That's inflation from 1/1/2015 till 5/31/2015. June data is not yet available.

Up 1%. Just rice and bean for the next quarter :-(
Wait! I am still working (OMY syndrome).

We have to adjust to the reality of slower growth for our portfolio. For years, the stock we held in DW's biotech company provided us with outsize returns and helped boost our portfolio's overall growth (we have averaged about 16% annual return since 2000). The days of double digit annual growth are probably over for us.

2.1% personal return (Not ER'd, excludes contributions). I had to double check my overall return since it on May 21st it was 4.1%. Ouch. Monday was a heck of a hit.

~65% equities, 35% bonds/stable value.

I meant to post this here:

On 6/30 my retirement portfolio was up 1.9% after withdrawals.

Just 2 trading days prior, it was up 2.9%.

It's hard for me to get excited about specific date performance as things fluctuate so much throughout the year.

Back
Top Bottom