Best CD, MM Rates & Bank Special Deals Thread 2023 - Please post updates here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Primis is IMHO legit. I drove by two B&M locations today and stopped in to speak to a teller at one. One branch is in a AAA prime location. The other is in the county seat amidst the courthouses. I’m not a bit surprised that CSR feedback is weak as they are overwhelmed by response. The teller I spoke with said physical interaction is not encouraged but it is available. They have concierge service to limited areas if you need to cash a check they will come to your location!
Looks like Primis also gives 50 cents for each debit card transaction, no matter how small. Most on here probably won't use the 50 cents per transaction feature, but I know a lot of college students that use Chime for this, and they charge all kinds of fees and don't give any of the transaction profits to debit card holders, as Primis is.

I just switched my online savings to Bask Bank 6 months ago, it has stayed right at the top, currently 4.25%, but this 5.03% is tempting.

I expect SWVXX to approach 4.5% over the next week or so if past behavior following Fed rate hikes continues.

I've been thinking about moving my Money Market from FZDXX. I haven't used Schwab in a while. Any downside to SWVXX that I'm not seeing?

Can someone confirm please..

7-day yield:
SPRXX was 4.17%, now 4.28%

Primis is IMHO legit. I drove by two B&M locations today and stopped in to speak to a teller at one. One branch is in a AAA prime location. The other is in the county seat amidst the courthouses. I’m not a bit surprised that CSR feedback is weak as they are overwhelmed by response. The teller I spoke with said physical interaction is not encouraged but it is available. They have concierge service to limited areas if you need to cash a check they will come to your location!

I have about 6 Primis B&M locations in my area.

Merrill’s preferred deposit investment is now at 4.24%. Also, if you deposit certain amounts by 5/26, you can get as much as $1000 extra (I believe you get 1k if you deposit 250k and lesser payments for lower deposits). Your initially investment must be $100k, but you can draw down afterwards to a minimum $1000. Not bad for a demand deposit, FDIC insured, investment.

AltaOne FCU has 10 months @4.84% apy or 18 months @ 4.58% apy.

I emailed my person over there for an appointment to move some money. :cool:

I almost feel like a Beverly Hillbilly with the personal attention. Nice. :LOL:

Still waiting for Schwab to post some New Issue 5% FDIC Insured CDs 4 Year or less. (Not Bonds) If they do not have any before April, they will lose a big wodge of our cash to Navy Federal.

Still waiting for Schwab to post some New Issue 5% FDIC Insured CDs 4 Year or less. (Not Bonds) If they do not have any before April, they will lose a big wodge of our cash to Navy Federal.
I was about to move a big wad of cash out of NFCU, then they came out with the 15 mo. 5% one.

The longer CDs I'm seeing at the brokerages with a decent rate are callable.

I was about to move a big wad of cash out of NFCU, then they came out with the 15 mo. 5% one.

The longer CDs I'm seeing at the brokerages with a decent rate are callable.

I was looking at two years CDs. The callable ones where about 5.1%. Non callable were 4.55%.

So 0.55% buys you a non callable CD. Worth it?

I just hung up from Navy a few minutes ago, they are swamped and very behind on responding to e-messages because of the 15 month special.
I made sure to ask if there was any special coming soon for IRA CD's and all they have been told is that there will be a special coming in the middle of tax season. She said start watching for it around the end of February beginning of March sometime.
Also keep in mind Navy is also very good at letting you merge your existing IRA CD's into new ones with no EWP during tax season. The highest rate I currently have is a 3.33% addon which seemed good last year but with the recent rise in rates it's now crap.

I locked up 100K at Frontwave CU at 6% yesterday for 18 months. I just wish it was a longer term but still a great deal. The deal is only good in three Southern California counties.

I locked up 100K at Frontwave CU at 6% yesterday for 18 months. I just wish it was a longer term but still a great deal. The deal is only good in three Southern California counties.

That is awesome. I’ll gladly take >5% for 12 months or more. Currently have some cash in ally earning 3.5%. Need this for college in the next 4-5 years

Primis Bank is offering an online savings account with 5.03% APR... https://primisbank.com/primis-savings-accounts/

Sleepysurf now this offer is the best I've ever seen on daily interest rates for a savings account at a bank 4.92 I thought 4.16 at bask bank was great definitely going to be looking into this bank. Also having a checking account that pays interest is nice to may have to drop my Regions Account now that I see interest being paid on a checking account.

^^^^
I just checked and 70% of the 1yr brokered CD's at Schwab pay at maturity.

Last edited:
Yes noted, but not 5% ........ yet. I check weekly. Perhaps after the next FED meeting.

That's a different statement and it's true that the 1yr CD's at Schwab that pay at maturity are "only" paying 4.75%. Note, the difference in interest between 4.75% and 5% on each 100k is only $250 per year (that's ~$21 mo)... May or may not be important to some folks. Not me.

Last edited:
Can someone confirm please..

7-day yield:
SPRXX was 4.17%, now 4.28%

WADR, would a 0.11% difference change your investment decision?

Fidelity website performance and risk tab says says 7-day SEC yield was 4.17% at 1/31/2023 but is 4.31% as of 2/7/23.

Distribution yield based on 1/31/2023 distribution is 4.31% [=(1+0.003525613)^12-1]

https://fundresearch.fidelity.com/mutual-funds/summary/31617H201

Yield
2/7/20231/31/2023
Compound Effective4.40%4.25%
7-Day Yield 34.31%4.17%

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom