Biggest Worry

Well I had a worry yesterday as my 63 year old wife was climbing around the green house putting tarps up because the temp is supposed to hit 29* tonight. We just took it all down about 3 weeks ago. A fluke, normally Feb 15th we can figure no more freezing.

Attachments

• Worry.jpg
    Worry.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 99
As with most here, biggest worry is health for self and family.

Health. As I'm finding out, the rest of the worries hit the back burner real quick.

I only worry about things that I control. And I don’t control anything anymore, so I don’t worry about anything.

I only worry about things that I control. And I don’t control anything anymore, so I don’t worry about anything.

I need to follow your advise. I'm a worry wart and an overly concerned person about somethings. Family has always been a area for me to worry and in most cases I can't do anything about it. So why worry about it.

My prayer to all who has loved ones to worry about. Wishing everyone all the best. It may not be obvious at times, but it is a blessing to have someone in one's life to worry about. For DW and I, our top priority is for our kids to get established in life. Personally, I am worry for DW since she is younger and is most likely to depart after me (hopefully, we will have a number of good years before that).

Don't get political but what is your biggest personal worry these days? Maybe this should be a poll? War/climate/inflation/division/health etc.
I worry about immediate family, above all else. I can pick and choose which of the three I should worry about at any given moment. I am on a mission...

Outside of my close family, I have other family I worry abouot, and try to make their lives less worrisome.

Everything else is secondary. I am distracted by news each day, like everyone else, but ultimately I have very little impact on those issues.

Money

Aside from the obvious - health and safety of family and me.....

That investment plans won't work out and that some major depression like thing will wipe me out.

46, no college degree, etc. So it's not like I can go back to MegaCorp or be a lawyer. And for 20+ years I owned my own companies, and to "have" to go get a entry-level or mid-level gig in an industry where I was the one with a 50 person payroll.... never had to ask to go to lunch, or go vacation, or whatever. Whether I did an 80 hour week (not uncommon), or took a 2 week trip - it was my choice. It would be weird if my old staff found out that I had to do that.

There was a time I was on my way - not just to the success I have - but to huge successes. Like where I felt I'd leave something in place for my kids to the tune of 7 figures - without breaking a sweat. I've made peace with myself that now - if I can make sure they have common sense, above-average school district, plus any business sense I can teach....plus an "above average' college ride that goes up to a Masters....plus I can start them out with mabye a house down payment - they are still better off than most, and I did my job. I'm terrified sometimes that this won't be the case and I run my calculators and numbers perhaps 5 times a day no joke.

Rational? Perhaps not. But 'fear' is rarely rational.

Health for myself and my family is probably the biggest worry.
Everything else seems to have fallen into place.
I will say that everything I ever worried about never happened. It was those odd things I didn’t worry about that got me.

Not a worry in the world. I would like to see the market recover but thats a want not a worry.

Things are humming along nicely for us right now.

A white pickup has been stopping at my favorite fly fishing spot across the street from my home every week. And he seems to know what he’s doing, unlike the tourists that normally pass by this time of the year and are of little concern. Might have to get out my “No FiSn” signs…

Corn, my middle son has had a drug addiction since he was 19 and is now 44. He has been in and out of prison because of it and is homeless. I wouldn’t be surprised if he dies before me. I have learned to live with it.

I worry that I worry too much about things :). For example, we are soon taking our first international plane flight to a country that requires a covid testing in the days before the flight, even if one is vaccinated and boosted. So it is easy for me to fall into this thinking: "DW and I are fully vaccinated and boosted, never have covid, when we had symptoms and were tested by doctors in the past they were always negative, my blood donations have always indicated I have covid antibodies present, we feel very healthy at the moment - but NOW is when the test will come back positive!" :) I just have to keep repeating the Serenity Prayer :).

Health is the biggest. Without it, it really doesn't matter.

Civility among us. Seems like people will go crazy over other folks beliefs and try to trample on them. Goes both ways. Seems there has to be more in common than differences in the US.

My DW worries all the time. It is a little hard to manage and deal with at times tbh. Does anyone else worry about almost everything? I am trying to figure out if its because she is a female, or a mother of three or just her personality or maybe even a mental illness of some sort. She worries out loud as well, where as maybe if I do worry its just silently to myself.

For instance this morning she was worried about why the baby was fussy. Then she worried about how much gas we had in the vehicle and she worried if our 50c gas coupon was going to expire before we had to fill-up. She then worried about her route she needed to take tomorrow. She worried about the food getting too warm if she bought frozen food at Wal Mart but then had to stop at CostCo on her way home as well, which is maybe a 15 minute or 20minute delay from getting the food home rather than going straight from walmart to home first.

She worried about how her workout went. She worried when I told her I had to leave right when the kids get home tonight to do a tree estimate, and I told her I would have the Salmon all grilled and ready as soon as she pulled in the driveway. She was worried it would get cold by the time she serves it. WIth the gas, I just logged in and looked on the website and saw that it was expiring the end of the month.

I just honestly don't understand how someone worries so much. The therapist says it might seem like I worry less because I am more of a problem solver coming up with solutions rather than first stating my worry. Like I said I quietly worry to myself, then think it through and finally come up with a plan.

For instance, with the dinner tonight, she could have told me to basically have the table set, with some sides ready to go so the fam is ready to eat right when they come home. For the groceries I would be fine if things were thawing for 15 minutes...as we aren't getting any ice cream. Just milk and to me that can be out of a freezer for an extra 15 minutes without any concerns. For her route she is worried about I would just plan it out in my head. For the gas concern, I could go onto google maps and add up all the miles and see that there is plenty of gas to make all the stops and still make it to a gas station (she often fills up at quarter tank, where I fill up when it is closer to empty). With the baby, I understand they have either 1 of 2 moods, they are either happy, or they are upset and its up to us as parents to motivate their mood from upset to happy again. Playing little games with them, making them giggle, doing peek-a-boo etc. instead of pacing around the house wondering why. Maybe it's also her conservative upbringing that causes some worry.

Anyone have thoughts on this?

Last edited:
Worrying works. Most things people worry about never happen. Bad things that do happen surprise everyone and many times are things no one was worried about. That means worrying works, so embrace it, don’t fight it.

Worrying works. Most things people worry about never happen. Bad things that do happen surprise everyone and many times are things no one was worried about. That means worrying works, so embrace it, don’t fight it.

Fair enough. I don't necessarily fight it at all.I just often ponder why I seem to worry at least out loud a lot less.

Then she worried about how much gas we had in the vehicle and she worried if our 50c gas coupon was going to expire before we had to fill-up. She then worried about her route she needed to take tomorrow. She worried about the food getting too warm if she bought frozen food at Wal Mart but then had to stop at CostCo on her way home as well, which is maybe a 15 minute or 20minute delay from getting the food home rather than going straight from walmart to home first.
I just honestly don't understand how someone worries so much. The therapist says it might seem like I worry less because I am more of a problem solver coming up with solutions rather than first stating my worry. Like I said I quietly worry to myself, then think it through and finally come up with a plan.
Sounds a lot like my wife, except Costco 1st then Wal Mart on way home. I have found that if we are going to possibly be near Costco I'll go ahead and place our smaller cooler in the back before we leave. Then if she decides that they have something she just has to get that's cold we have it. That's my quietly solving a problem before it happens. Then I can be more like Bob Marley and "Don't worry be happy"

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom