Chip Credit Card Hacked in Australia............

Helen, if that makes you feel comfortable and secure, then good.

But your credit card information goes through data centers and it can be hacked from there -- even the credit cards that never leave your house.

If you use a credit card, there is some possibility that it can be compromised.
Sure, although that card is much less exposed if never handed to someone, used at a retail POS or for online purchases.

For over 10 years I have used a segregated credit card for certain monthly autopay bills that otherwise never leaves the firesafe, and so far so good. Whereas other cards have been routinely compromised.

Sure, I might still have to deal with a compromise one day. And then I can tell the issuer exactly where and only where it has been used.

Another security feature I sometimes use is BofA's ShopSafe. It generates a one time use credit card number for online use. I use this when paying an online merchant I'm not familiar with - if they don't offer Apple Pay.

It's accessible from their website, but not from their mobile app. Not sure why.

For over 10 years I have used a segregated credit card for certain monthly autopay bills that otherwise never leaves the firesafe, and so far so good. Whereas other cards have been routinely compromised.

+1 except for only 4 years. lol
Would be very surprised if THIS card got hacked.

Another security feature I sometimes use is BofA's ShopSafe. It generates a one time use credit card number for online use. I use this when paying an online merchant I'm not familiar with - if they don't offer Apple Pay.

It's accessible from their website, but not from their mobile app. Not sure why.

Didn't know about this feature. Sounds great. Will check it out. :eek:

Shopsafe is perfect for those things that force you to enter a card, even though there's no charge (at the moment). In those deals, they often make you cancel to avoid the eventual subscription. That might involve so many hoops. Since the Shopsafe card has it's own limit, they can't get any more than that. BTW, I tried to set the limit really low ... $5 and didn't pass muster with the merchant. But it's a handy tool.

Back
Top Bottom