Concerns About Inflation?

I miss my dad too. He was always a family man.

Here's a favorite song of mine: "Papa" by Paul Anka. In the following rendition, Anka changed the lyrics from the original version. I was a bit surprised, but Anka is the song writer and can do what he wants.

Heh, heh, mine was the old fashioned cut-it-down-yourself-cut-into-logs-split-it-by-hand wood fuel. What a total pain - and I was in my 20s and 30s. I wouldn't even pick up an axe or look at a chain saw any more. Ahhhhh. The good old days. YMMV.

Ah, flashbacks of childhood. Great memories...not. I am very happy to have a gas fireplace that lights right up when I flip the switch. :D

We heated our house with wood when I was growing up. I'm not sure I enjoyed myself going out every weekend in the winter and cutting a cord of wood. But now I look back on that time I spent with my dad with great fondness. That and we had a trap line we ran every day in the winter, morning and afternoon. My wife was horrified when I described the trapping process. We needed the money, though.

Rural life at its best. I remember one neighbor asking us to let him know if we saw any fresh roadkill.

We had a furniture factory in a nearby town that built a lot of upholstered sofas and easy chairs using kiln-dried maple for the frames. We'd buy a dump-truck load of scraps for $10 back around 1970. By the mid-'70s they learned the error of their ways and started heating with the stuff themselves. It burned like coal.

I have been cutting my DH's hair with clippers for a couple of years.

I decided to quit having my hair colored. I was doing it myself and then my DH was helping me. My sister did it a couple of times. I hated when the gray hair would start showing again. I had my hair cut quite short, even using clippers up part way in the back, so the contrast would not be so bad. It looks okay, but I will probably let the top get a little longer. My beautician is not young and doesn't do quite as good as a job as previously.

I enjoyed the story of Henry. He sounds like a real people person.

Ah, flashbacks of childhood. Great memories...not. I am very happy to have a gas fireplace that lights right up when I flip the switch. :D

Heh, heh, I miss so much the old days (of chopping wood and sweating through summer without AC) that I moved to a place where I have neither heat nor AC - and I don't miss either (full disclosure: Usually:angel:.)

Back
Top Bottom