Costco Visa and Quicken

Ready

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Has anyone been successful in adding their new Costco Visa card into Quicken? I keep getting "Quicken encountered an error while communicating with our servers". Error Code 105

I'm using Quicken Mac 2016, but I also tried it with Quicken 2014 Windows and encountered the same error.

I was able to add online access for the card on www.citi.com without any issues.

I'm not sure if this is a Quicken issue or a Citi issue, but it's not starting off very smoothly.

Will Citi allow you to download a qfx file? I prefer going that route for importing into Quicken. That's how I import for all my other VISA cards.

I guess we'll know when we get our first statements.

Will Citi allow you to download a qfx file? I prefer going that route for importing into Quicken. That's how I import for all my other VISA cards.

I guess we'll know when we get our first statements.

Yes, they do support qfx downloads. But I've gotten used to the automatic downloads so I'm hoping I don't have to go back to a manual process.

I was able to set up auto downloads. What was a bit quirky was it showed the balance transfer last week (vs today) and my payment to amex showed up on the citi visa. So I had to do some fudging - since I didn't want two payments showing. (The second was a duplicate of the amex payment, showing on citi.)

I'm running Quicken 2016 for windows.

Yes, they do support qfx downloads. But I've gotten used to the automatic downloads so I'm hoping I don't have to go back to a manual process.
I actually prefer importing qfx files because then I don't have to input any password into Quicken.

I really wish Fidelity Investments would provide qfx files. I don't like entering my Fidelity password into Quicken. I guess I need to complain loudly about this.

I was able to set up auto downloads. What was a bit quirky was it showed the balance transfer last week (vs today) and my payment to amex showed up on the citi visa. So I had to do some fudging - since I didn't want two payments showing. (The second was a duplicate of the amex payment, showing on citi.)

I'm running Quicken 2016 for windows.

Rodi,

When you added the account, do you remember if you selected "Citi Cards", or something else?

The new Costco Citi Visa is working for me in Quicken 2016 on Windows 10. Since I already had a Citi card, I linked the Costco card to my existing Citi online account. Then in Quicken I deactivated online services for the existing card, and went through the setup of Citi Cards anew. It found both cards.

OK, I guess the problem is on my side. I may have to call tech support and kill an hour on the phone unless anyone has some suggestions on what to try.

Not Quicken, but I setup automatic downloads with Moneydance with no issues.

From the Quicken web site:

NEW: Citibank Maintenance Beginning 6/20/16

Citibank is implementing system improvements that will prevent downloading into Quicken for approximately one week, beginning on 6/20/16.

During this time, users will be unable to update their accounts with Citibank between 6:00 AM and 11:59 PM EDT. Users who try to download transactions will receive the following errors:

Quicken Windows – CC-505
Quicken Mac – error code 9999 or 9998 or 105

If you receive this error during the maintenance period, try downloading between the hours of 12:00 AM and 5:59 AM EST.
Follow
1 update
Quicken Tamara , Quicken Beta ManagerEmployee 22 hours ago
UPDATE:

Costco American Express customers attempting to move their cards over to the new Citi card will also encounter this error.

If you are trying to Add or Activate your new Costco Citi card, please do not try this between 6am and midnight Eastern time, as you will encounter one of the errors defined above.

Quicken Support cannot work around this server maintenance being performed by Citi.

So for those of you who got it to work, you must be either early birds or night owls, as this doesn't leave a lot of daylight hours to get it set up.

That's odd. I set it up around 5:30 PM PDT last night and had no problems.

It did re-download all the previous Amex transactions from 11/20/2015 through yesterday, so I had to delete a bunch of duplicates to fix my spending reports.

I have had difficulty setting up a credit card for download in the past when I had a password that had special chars in it.

That's odd. I set it up around 5:30 PM PDT last night and had no problems.

It did re-download all the previous Amex transactions from 11/20/2015 through yesterday, so I had to delete a bunch of duplicates to fix my spending reports.

I have had difficulty setting up a credit card for download in the past when I had a password that had special chars in it.

I set mine up around 8pm PST. I had the same problem with duplicate downloaded transactions from last December. Fortunately there weren't that many and it only took a few minutes to merge with existing transactions (using Moneydance).

Back
Top Bottom