Free Coffee

Our local library offers free Starbucks coffee every day, but I still prefer making my own early morning coffee. If I have go out of my way for something free, then its just not worth it to me.

I love freebies and now that I'm retired I spend a little more time on it. In the last year I've gotten 15,000 Hilton points from e-Rewards surveys. Heck, I even input codes from Coca-Cola products into MyCokeRewards.com although I suspect we'd be better off buying generic soda. When Verizon sent me e-mails about some Rewards plan I was skeptical but found that we could save $25/night on Best Western hotels if we didn't mind giving up the loyalty points.

Back when I traveled more on business I worked every loyalty program I could and as a result DH and I have gotten thousands of dollars worth of free travel. So, it's partly the thrill of the hunt but partly genuine freebies.

I still prefer making my own early morning coffee. If I have go out of my way for something free, then its just not worth it to me.
+1 - No way I'd get out of the house and walk or drive anywhere just for a free cup of coffee. But if that is what " floats your boat" then go for it.

Our local library offers free Starbucks coffee every day, but I still prefer making my own early morning coffee. If I have go out of my way for something free, then its just not worth it to me.

Wow I did not know that libraries even did something like this. I have never seen that around here. You learn something everyday. Anybody else able to get free coffee at the local library?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom