How are my Rate of Return in my Roth IRA?

Advisor wanted to make commission and did not have my best interest. Forum strangers want to help me for free. ...
@F.I.R.E User, both of these things are true. But I have been watching this thread and becoming increasingly concerned that you are not adding to your personal knowledge so much as just acting on the free advice. I don't think any of us here have bad intentions, but each of us has different levels of wealth, different financial strategies, and our opinions possibly conflict with each other. Also, and this is very important, none of us know your financial situation or personal circumstances in any depth at all. As a result, I think your approach seeking free advice is not likely to yield the best results for you.

As has been pointed out, you need to educate yourself. This means reading the many excellent books about serious investing like "The Coffeehouse Investor" and the "Bogleheads' Guide to Investing," and it means finding and studying the few excellent internet resources like https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started and https://www.etf.com/docs/IfYouCan.pdf (free 16 page download). Plan to spend 6 months studying and you will be much more capable of planning an investment strategy that will work for you long term. Hopefully this study will be enjoyable for you, but even if it isn't, the alternative is ignorance and possibly even serious failure.

Advisor wanted to make commission and did not have my best interest. Forum strangers want to help me for free.

I did post target AA. I wanted 100% stocks but my then EJ FA had me on 10% bonds.

Whether it’s 3, 2 or 1 fund. It works out right? I now have 1 fund FZROX.

Glad the journey got you to a destination you are comfortable with. That is most important.

@F.I.R.E User, both of these things are true. But I have been watching this thread and becoming increasingly concerned that you are not adding to your personal knowledge so much as just acting on the free advice. I don't think any of us here have bad intentions, but each of us has different levels of wealth, different financial strategies, and our opinions possibly conflict with each other. Also, and this is very important, none of us know your financial situation or personal circumstances in any depth at all. As a result, I think your approach seeking free advice is not likely to yield the best results for you.

As has been pointed out, you need to educate yourself. This means reading the many excellent books about serious investing like "The Coffeehouse Investor" and the "Bogleheads' Guide to Investing," and it means finding and studying the few excellent internet resources like https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started and https://www.etf.com/docs/IfYouCan.pdf (free 16 page download). Plan to spend 6 months studying and you will be much more capable of planning an investment strategy that will work for you long term. Hopefully this study will be enjoyable for you, but even if it isn't, the alternative is ignorance and possibly even serious failure.

Since my thread started. I have left EJ and did in kind transfer to Fidelity. Sold all of AF shares and bought FZROX. Fidelity also credited me $135 EJ fees.

Forum strangers want to help me for free.

I am not surprised that you have missed the point. No, "strangers" do not want to "help you for free". Personally, I contribute to discussion forums (and have for decades) to educate others to the point that they can participate in the discussion and teach _me_ something. That's the payment I expect for my "free" advice.

You are just here to ask a never ending stream of simple-minded questions. We cannot tell whether you are heeding the advice, whether you have learned anything, or are capable of giving advice to others in the future.

Others have dropped the same hint to you, in various subtle ways, and you have not replied. So I'm being more blunt about it. If you are capable, you need to change your behavior. And if you are not capable... well, you need to become capable.

I am not surprised that you have missed the point. No, "strangers" do not want to "help you for free". Personally, I contribute to discussion forums (and have for decades) to educate others to the point that they can participate in the discussion and teach _me_ something. That's the payment I expect for my "free" advice.

You are just here to ask a never ending stream of simple-minded questions. We cannot tell whether you are heeding the advice, whether you have learned anything, or are capable of giving advice to others in the future.

Others have dropped the same hint to you, in various subtle ways, and you have not replied. So I'm being more blunt about it. If you are capable, you need to change your behavior. And if you are not capable... well, you need to become capable.

I also contribute to this forum like you do. They may be simple for you but I learned from it and executed it. I have replied to everyone.

Back
Top Bottom