Interesting Development with my Credit Card

ejman

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I just got my Discover card statement and found out that my cashback bonus has disappeared. Apparently someone called Discover with all the right information to get the bonus transferred to their bank account. And it's gone! Called their fraud department to try to get this resolved but I'm getting the "this will take a month or two to get sorted out" run around. Anybody else with a similar experience - advice?

If your experience is like mine, Discover will keep the funds then forge documents to "prove" you are somehow responsible. I've ceased business with them, but wish you better luck.

I'd stop using that card until it's fixed.

On the other hand, I had a slightly similar problem with my Fidelity cash back card. Turns out they didn't work with accounts that were in the name of a trust. I built up about $600 cash back before I finally had an easy opportunity to change it to a different account. Just laziness on my part, on top of poor explanations on Fidelity's part.

If your experience is like mine, Discover will keep the funds then forge documents to "prove" you are somehow responsible. I've ceased business with them, but wish you better luck.

Wow. I hope we don't end up there. It certainly would be easy enough for them to fix the problem quickly.

Called their fraud department to try to get this resolved but I'm getting the "this will take a month or two to get sorted out" run around. Anybody else with a similar experience - advice?

Retired fraud investigator here - yes that time frame is normal, don't write it off just yet.

Back
Top Bottom