Jeremy Grantham Doesn't Think Highly of The Maestro Greenspan

My revulsion of Allen springs from the ridiculously low interest rates of the early 00s. Greenspan begat the housing bubble to counter the crash of the dot-coms and the rest is history ... still in the making.

The OP's link requires a login when I click.

-CC

Same here. I'm a big fan of Grantham. Ha, would you mind cutting and pasting? I'd love to read the piece.

Tom

i seriously doubt if any one of his critics (or all of them put together) could have performed as well as Greenspan did over his 25 yr (?) tenure. 20/20 hindsight is a wonderful thing, but it's useless when you're on the spot.

Same here. I'm a big fan of Grantham. Ha, would you mind cutting and pasting? I'd love to read the piece.

Tom

It is quite long. The sign up is (or was) free. If you don't want to do that, I'll try a synopsis when I get back, probably tomorrow.

Ha

i seriously doubt if any one of his critics (or all of them put together) could have performed as well as Greenspan did over his 25 yr (?) tenure. 20/20 hindsight is a wonderful thing, but it's useless when you're on the spot.

i don't hate the guy, but it's ludicrous to think that he was the only one responsible for the last 25 years. Paul Volcker deserves a lot of credit, Bill Clinton and the congress at the time deserve credit and it was just the right time in the economic cycle. high inflation/low inflation times run in regular cycles. been like that for hundreds of years.

it's ludicrous to suggest a restatement of what one person has said just to state that the statement not made was ludicrous

it's ludicrous to suggest a restatement of what one person has said just to state that the statement not made was ludicrous

it's ludicrous to suggest that someone stating what one person has said is ludicrous when that statement not made was ludicrous over the past 25 years is ludicrous

fine

Here is ludicrous speed

someone had to do it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom