Kansas City estate planning attorney?

FI by 2024

Recycles dryer sheets
Kind of a strange question but I didn't know where else to ask this. I have a friend whose father recently passed and she is looking for a good lawyer to settle his estate in Kansas City. She does not live in the area and isn't familiar with how to find a good attorney there. Can anybody here recommend either a particular lawyer/firm or a way to research firms? Ideally she is looking for someone who is also knowledgeable on international beneficiary issues.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

The local bar association can often provide recommended firms.

Thanks Walt and braumeister! I've passed both recommendations to her.

Another thought is that if your friend already knows an attorney local to her, then I'd think the attorneys might have some sort of "network" they use if they need something simple done three states away. Better that than having to fly or drive there. So even one local to her might be able to give a referral to an elder law attorney in Kansas City.

So suggest she call a local-to-her attorney if she knows one and ask. The worst that can happen is they'll say "We can't help you on that one".

Unfortunately we don't know any lawyers. We are both in the military so our only exposure to lawyers has been the Judge Advocates, and they already told her they couldn't help.

Back
Top Bottom