Line Up for Cheaper Gas at Costco or Walmart?

The Model X normal ground clearance is 6.6 inches, although the adjustable air suspension can be raised to 8.1 inches under certain conditions.

That's reasonable. It looks lower in the picture. I would be willing to give up a couple MPGe in exchange for higher ground clearance. Adjustable clearance is preferable.

I was at Costco today for my weekly grocery run, however, at about noon instead of at opening and had quite the long line waiting for gas. There was a tanker truck there filling the tanks.

After completing my shopping and loading up the car, I noticed a second tanker truck in line after the first waiting for his turn to unload. Although, maybe he was the third. Costco is certainly not lacking for those willing to wait in line for their lower priced gas :cool:.

I can do as good just using one of my credit cards these days. 5% cash back bonus for Discover card this quarter, and Chase Amazon Prime card offer as well. At roughly $5/gal that's 25 cents/gap cash back.

To further squeeze juice from that berry I then pair that up with T-Mobile Tuesday for 10 cents off per gallon.

And then I also use Upside and got 24 cents/gallon cashback on recent fill up. Cash back offers vary by station and will also vary throughout the day.

So close to 60 cents off per gallon on my last fill up at Shell. [emoji39]. Costco and Sam's were 7 cents per gallon cheaper than Shell, so I'm still ahead over 50 cents per gallon.

Here's link to Upside app: https://upside.app.link/BOB3639

Also, if you have a Walmart+ membership you save 10 cents/gallon at Exxon, Mobil, Murphy, Walmart or Sam's stations when you use the Walmart Pay in the Walmart app to pay for your gas. Walmart has an offer that when you sign up for Walmart+ they gave you $50 off your next order of $75 or more. And then my American Express had $35 credit when I signed up for Walmart+. So net $15 for annual Walmart+ membership.

Link for Walmart+ offer: https://www.walmart.com/partner/plus/dxgy?programId=Trial_Rich

^^^^^^^^^

I wish I could be that organized. We buy so little gas that I would need a check list to remember what cards to use and what day to buy. Makes my head spin thinking about it. So far, we're just either going to Sams or Costco. No need to "think" about it. YMMV

^^^^^^^^^

I wish I could be that organized. We buy so little gas that I would need a check list to remember what cards to use and what day to buy. Makes my head spin thinking about it. So far, we're just either going to Sams or Costco. No need to "think" about it. YMMV

Heh.... I've created a simple "spreadsheet" using Google Sheets and put my "discount" offers on it. At a restaurant, look and check which card to us. Gas? Hardware? Groceries? Even $10 "bonus" discount when I go to a restaurant. Just a quick look at the sheet on my phone. For 50 cents/gal (10%) additional savings I'm willing to "think" a bit right now. :dance: Also avoids the long lines, my time is worth something..... :LOL:

Life is too short to wait in lines, usually. At ~ 200 miles a month, it isn't a big expense so I don't spend much time thinking about gasoline. My spouse has a hybrid and probably drives about the same amount. If I could just get her to stop using the brakes as much her mileage would be better but I think she is getting ~ 45mpg as it is.

Back
Top Bottom