Market correction anxiety

Free bird

Full time employment: Posting here.
All the stock market anxiety has evaporated. Seems the storm is over. Back to regularly scheduled programs.

Is it all honky-dory now?

Time to sell? :)

PS. Sold 6 more out-of-the-money covered call contracts on various holdings today.

I wouldn't hold my breath just yet. Still many variables at play between now and the end of the year. Mid term election, Fed rate hike and trade issues to name a few.

Hey -- October is over. Gremlins and Goblins will be dormant for a year.

Stocks go up, stocks go down. More ups than downs. Just need to make sure to croak before your money runs out.

Ok so were just hunky but no dory. Unless there's some sort of blind side fraud or an unknown unknown we probably creep back to new highs as santa gets the sleigh gassed up. Wall st has bonus season coming up.

Fed is on hold for the next 3 months indubitably.

Friday will see a large hit against APPL. Kinda like AMZN redux.
Up is followed by Down. Then up again.

one of the worst months in the last 30 years?

Just earlier this year, the market dropped from 2873 to 2581 in late Jan/early Feb. It was a loss of 10.2% in about 2 weeks. The market did not recover until late August.

This time, it went from 2931 to 2641, a drop of 9.9%. It's still -6.5% from the top. It will not get back there any time soon.

... Up is followed by Down. Then up again.

The problem is when the ups are smaller than the downs. :cool:

Are you saying Apples gonna get juiced?

I don't own Apple shares, but do not like it when seeing it dropped -6.35% in after-hour trading after earning report earlier today after market close.

Tomorrow, the market may just turn 180 degrees and head south again.

Last edited:
I heard it said were in a rolling correction. But are we rolling up hill or down hill?

Up one foot, then down one yard. Rinse and repeat. :)

I predict the Crapple miss got priced in last month.

Typically the market corrects like this:
1) A bottom is established
2) There follows a failed rally ie suckers rally
3) The market retests in the region of the initial bottom
4) Recovery
Why does this happen? Who knows. Random chaos. In the absence of recessionary indicators, that's just the way it goes.

It's just the script the market follows. Must be driven by some sort of Freudian thing.

Fed is on hold for the next 3 months indubitably.

I wouldn't count on that - up Jobs report this morning:
In October, average hourly earnings for all employees on private nonfarm payrolls
rose by 5 cents to $27.30. Over the year, average hourly earnings have increased by
83 cents, or 3.1 percent. Average hourly earnings of private-sector production and
nonsupervisory employees increased by 7 cents to $22.89 in October. (See tables B-3
and B-8.)
source: https://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm

With 3.1 YoY wage growth, the Fed will continue to hit the brakes. God forbid workers actually make more. :)

You think they'll raise rates again before new years? There's a meeting this month right after the elections & a meeting in December.

The look of my portfolio balance is so sad now especially after I got used to the fat number a month or so ago and was hoping to hit a new milestone by the end of the year.

Dang market, why me? LOL

December rate hike is almost guaranteed. Today’s strong jobs report and wage increases make it almost certain.

Interest rates are making a large move up today.

Last edited:
The look of my portfolio balance is so sad now especially after I got used to the fat number a month or so ago and was hoping to hit a new milestone by the end of the year.

Dang market, why me? LOL

Can still have a Santa rally. Let's see after the elections.

Back
Top Bottom