post me out of buying a new car

Take a deep breath, engage brain......there, feel better now?

Don't do it! (but you already knew that)

p.s. Fer goodness sake, stay away from car dealers!!!!!!
Meet your pals for breakfast, hike, do volunteer work....whatever it takes to keep yourself engaged.

Hugs.

p.s.2 If you are really bored....I have to replace 'bout a half mile of 6 strand barbed wire fence sometime this winter...

My luck it would be -10 windchills in the -20s when I would be helping replace that fence. But then again the heat down these parts last two summers it might be fun!:)

I'd wait. In this market cars are only going to get cheaper and cheaper and cheaper. Much like houses and stocks. Wait until nobody is buying, and then pounce. Of course that window will be very short, followed by huge inflation of prices as people will gladly trade their dollars for real goods.
if anyone really does need a new car, and live in cold weather country, try this. wait til late January, and right through up til late March. people have blown their money on 2 holidays, nobody looks at cars in the snow, and the dealerships are really hungry to sell. nobody has their tax return in hand yet. i saw this advice in readers' digest years ago. it makes sense.

I bought my present car in Dec. 1996 (it's a '97 model)--Toyota Avalon. Still going strong and I say I'm going to keep it at least another 12 years!
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Funny you mention this. I just had a coworker ride in the other day with a brand spanking new 2009 Tacoma extended cab, Pre-runner with the SR5 package. NICE LOOKING TRUCK! He truly needed this. After all his 1991 Tacoma that he bought brand new with 4 miles on it finally blew a head gasket after 318,000 miles. I think he earned the new truck.

P.S. He paid cash for it! :)

Mike

if anyone really does need a new car, and live in cold weather country, try this. wait til late January, and right through up til late March. people have blown their money on 2 holidays, nobody looks at cars in the snow, and the dealerships are really hungry to sell. nobody has their tax return in hand yet. i saw this advice in readers' digest years ago. it makes sense.

I live in Florida and not many are looking at cars here either! :)

Mike

]
90154.gif

Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

$329 at Harbor Freight. Add a sheet of CDX or treated plywood ($50) and you'll haul 1100 lbs with ease, have more flexibility in getting stuff on/off, and not have a care in the world about scratching it up. And, it folds in half and stands on end--store it in your garage.

I've got this same trailer and it takes up an amazingly small area of the garage when stood on end. It frequently goes on sale for $300 or less. I find it does most of what my old pickup was used for and I can pull it with my hybrid.

A car with only 65k miles on it is hardly even broken in. Why on earth would anyone get rid of it, aside from maybe it's dirty.

Have it detailed. It'll look almost new and then maybe you won't want a new one. $100-$150 for the detailing is a lot cheaper than a new car.

Spend the 11k on something fun, like a motorcycle, a trip to Tahiti, or Disney World. Come to think of it, with wind gusts to 30 mph and a chance of snow flurries a trip to Tahiti sounds pretty good right now.

Back
Top Bottom