Good time to lease a car for our situation?

I was on an interstate Hwy one evening as a whole herd of deer sauntered across the road in a dense fog. I could see the fog ahead and slowed way down. I could see what looked like shadows of legs on the fog, cast by oncoming traffic headlights. By the time I got there I was doing may 10 mph - it was then that I could see it was deer - a dozen or more.

Probably a fourth of the people I know on the mainland have hit deer (I've been fortunate.) I bet car dealers love deer as they help sell replacement cars. YMMV

A couple of times when reading forums I'll see mention of Ford's X-Plan for purchasing. People say you can join a club to get access (IIRC Mustang Club of America). I found another avenue, owning 100 shares of Ford.

For me it's a cheap buy-and-hold decision to keep my purchasing options open should the need occur. I have a 2019 Super Duty to pull our fifth wheel trailer. And if something happened to it, an immediate replacement would likely be necessary.

Best regards,
Bubba
Things may be different now, but as a Ford retiree I can get Z plan for myself and can give X plan papers to "friends and family". Typically someone can negotiate at least a good a deal for themselves as X plan. That might not be true in the current craziness.

I was on an interstate Hwy one evening as a whole herd of deer sauntered across the road in a dense fog. I could see the fog ahead and slowed way down. I could see what looked like shadows of legs on the fog, cast by oncoming traffic headlights. By the time I got there I was doing may 10 mph - it was then that I could see it was deer - a dozen or more.

Probably a fourth of the people I know on the mainland have hit deer (I've been fortunate.) I bet car dealers love deer as they help sell replacement cars. YMMV
My X-SIL hit a deer and decided to just keep driving. The impact had broken a transmission cooling line and she drove until the trans burned up. DB was not amused.

My X-SIL hit a deer and decided to just keep driving. The impact had broken a transmission cooling line and she drove until the trans burned up. DB was not amused.

Heh, heh, is that why she is an "X?"

DW was driving our Chevy van and crossed the RR tracks. A tie rod gave way and a wheel collapsed. She just kept driving the 6 blocks home. "Drive it 'til it won't go any further" is her attitude. YMMV

Back
Top Bottom