Quicken

I have used these folks.

Qmaxtax Store

They are showing $34.99 for Quicken Deluxe 2015, less a 15% discount. It's less than $30. Immediate download, no media.

Last edited:
I'm interested in Quicken Premiere as I want to play with taxes, etc since we just retired this year. I have 2 questions. If I download from the above link, what happens if my computer dies? Since I won't have a CD? Also, is this easy enough for a non-financial accounting person? I will have a CPA do my taxes.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm interested in Quicken Premiere as I want to play with taxes, etc since we just retired this year. I have 2 questions. If I download from the above link, what happens if my computer dies? Since I won't have a CD? Also, is this easy enough for a non-financial accounting person? I will have a CPA do my taxes.

I always burn my downloaded files to a CD right away. Then, I attempt to install from the CD. If your computer dies, you have a C/D.

It's just pay, login, and get the download link.

I have no interest in the site, but I have used them for several years. I have never had a problem. They continually change the website, so I am not 100% sure how they get the software. I would use PayPal, or a credit card, just in case.

I typically buy Quicken Rental Property Manager, TurboTax Home and Business and TurboTax Corporation.

I saw the 50% upgrade offer on Quicken a few days ago, but already deleted it. I will not be upgrading until the 3-year online service runs out on my Quicken 2014.

I have used these folks.

Qmaxtax Store

They are showing $34.99 for Quicken Deluxe 2015, less a 15% discount. It's less than $30. Immediate download, no media.

That's not bad. I bought Quicken Premier 2014 at Costco and paid $54. Just now, see that Quicken Premier 2015 has gone up to $105 (pricey!), and Costco sells it for $70. That Qmaxtax offers download of the same for $48. That's a good deal.

If your computer dies, I believe that you can always log onto the Quicken website and re-download the software. Also, if your computer dies, even if you had to buy Quicken again it would be the least of your troubles.

If you are principally interested in projecting taxes I would not use Quicken Premier (I have it and the tax functionality is just ok). I would use TurboTax and the What-If Worksheets available in TurboTax.

I just tried to buy this product and got a message, "Offline, leave a message." Imagine, an online store that won't let you order when no people are in the office.

Amethyst

I have used these folks.

Qmaxtax Store

I just tried to buy this product and got a message, "Offline, leave a message." Imagine, an online store that won't let you order when no people are in the office.

Amethyst

You get what you pay for? :confused:

It's $89 at Amazon, $69 at Costco. $48 at "Qmaxtax Store".

But $54.99 after rebate at Fry's. Take your pick.

$48 at "Qmaxtax Store".

If you buy it, don't forget the 15% discount with the "NEW15" coupon code. It's only $40.80 then. No sales tax.

I always order it on-line, never had an issue. I did it this AM, bought TurboTax H&B, TurboTax Corp and Quicken Rental PM. $225.23 total.

I always burn a CD and install it right away too, to make sure it's legit. I used to use the Pirate Bay, but shy away from that now.

I think they are an OEM distributor and sell OEM software without hardware. It's another option, I am not involved in it at all, just buy my software there. And to be honest, I am always a bit leery of them. That's why I charge the software and try it right away.

Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
I would suspect the company is in India, I would send an email. I did not even know they had a phone number.

Last edited:
Still with Quicken 2004 here, which was available for, and remains, free.

With Quicken 2004, how do you download your transactions? I keep upgrading,though I don't want the additional features. All I want is to keep the several year history for comparisons and the automatic download. Is there another way to keep the data and downloads without upgrading?

You could not download transactions with Quicken 2004. Each version does it for three years, then it will no longer download transactions. However, you can continue to use it indefinitely - you can manually enter transactions.

Still with Quicken 2004 here, which was available for, and remains, free.

I have been using Quicken since the days of two floppy disks. It was sometime in the the late 1980's. I have never been more than 2 versions behind.

At some point, all software needs to be upgraded. What you will find is you need several versions in between 2004 and current if you ever want or need to upgrade.

If your computer ever dies, any Quicken version from 2004 (or most any other software from 2004), will likely not be able to be installed on a new PC. This is even more important with backup software than financial software.

You should be upgrading the data, with any financial software package (Quicken or not), if for nothing else than so you do not lose it.

Treat your computer with care. Your financial data will die with it.

If you buy it, don't forget the 15% discount with the "NEW15" coupon code. It's only $40.80 then. No sales tax.

I always order it on-line, never had an issue. I did it this AM, bought TurboTax H&B, TurboTax Corp and Quicken Rental PM. $225.23 total.

I always burn a CD and install it right away too, to make sure it's legit. I used to use the Pirate Bay, but shy away from that now.

I think they are an OEM distributor and sell OEM software without hardware. It's another option, I am not involved in it at all, just buy my software there. And to be honest, I am always a bit leery of them. That's why I charge the software and try it right away.

I would suspect the company is in India, I would send an email. I did not even know they had a phone number.

Thanks for the tip - just downloaded the basic Quicken for $24.65.

Debinov:
1. When you download, you will set up a Quicken account with a logon and password and are allowed to download a new copy if the computer dies, assuming you don't backup. This will also allow you to upload your information to the cloud and use a mobile app but I don't do this.
2. Quicken, I think, is pretty easy to use and automatically downloads transactions, once you link it to your bank, credit card, and investment accounts. For some reason, my wife's Fidelity account does not download, but mine does, as well as all other investment accounts (we have about 12). Once accounts are linked, you can see all accounts at a glance and click down into transactions. You do have to have all your account log-ons and passwords, of course, and a few mutual families still don't support Quicken downloading.

Others: the link I sent apparently is linked to a cookie that displays the discount only to myself. Sorry about that. My older version was Quicken 2012, so I needed to upgrade and had been waiting for a discount. The other discount service looks like a good one for those of you who can't renew.

As a final word, I was an old Microsoft Money user (and before that CA Money or something like that) and I converted its data when Money was shutdown. When I upgraded to the new Quicken version, it informed me that I had 100,000 transactions to update. Memory is electronic, now. (One of the more interesting features is the Net Worth chart that in my case goes back 20 years.)

Downloaded the Quicken for Mac for $24.65 with 15% discount. Not sure I like the new format compared to Q4M 2007. It's definitely more Mint-ish. Maybe it will grow on me. I'll probably use both versions for a time as the budget tracking in 2015 is pretty limited.

Quicken is currently running one of their 50% off "sales". Deluxe is $37.49

Quicken® 2015 Personal Finance Software - Money Management, Personal Finances

I just did the forced upgrade last year so not doing anything for now. sometimes you can find last years version for cheap on ebay.

+1. My Quicken 2012 offered me this a few days ago. $52.49 for Quicken Premier download direct from Intuit. It was time for me to upgrade anyway. I saved the downloaded file in case I need to reinstall, but they have a way to do that through your account as well.

Using iBank5 here on my Mac. Converted when Intuit didn't want or care to provide enhancements for the Mac users. iBank5 does everything I need WITH periodic enhancements. No plans to go back. Thanks Quicken. :)

Using iBank5 here on my Mac. Converted when Intuit didn't want or care to provide enhancements for the Mac users. iBank5 does everything I need WITH periodic enhancements. No plans to go back. Thanks Quicken. :)

I agree - I switched this year and have been very happy with ibank5.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Back
Top Bottom