Forum Update - We're back! Ask your questions here.

I didn't read through this lengthy thread, but I was looking for the way to view only a list of threads I have recently posted in which have posts made after I last viewed the thread. The old forum had a quick link to do this.

One interesting and a little frightening thing the new format provides-one can see how many bots are reading early-retirement.org posts. Is there anything the mods can do about that. We don't want to be tracked by bots from who knows where.
Bots = web crawlers like google and bing. We always had those, but I will look into disabling the display and believe it was disabled on the old software.

I didn't read through this lengthy thread, but I was looking for the way to view only a list of threads I have recently posted in which have posts made after I last viewed the thread. The old forum had a quick link to do this.
Check out this screenshot.
Screenshot 2024-04-28 10.10.28 AM.png

"threads with your posts" will be organized with most recent replies at the top, descending.

Skyking, it shows all threads I have made posts in, not just those most recent threads which have had posts made after mine. Without that feature, this will have to do. Thanks.

I just replied to a post and wanted to do a "multiquote" I clicked on both "quote" but only one came up. How do I do multiquote?

I just replied to a post and wanted to do a "multiquote" I clicked on both "quote" but only one came up. How do I do multiquote?
After clicking quote on each message you want to quote, scroll down to where you reply and click the "insert quotes" button which appears, then the quoted messages will pop up, click "quote messages". It will insert a space between each quote in the comment box.

Last edited:
Thanks! Still on the learning curve....old dogs, new tricks and all that.

One interesting and a little frightening thing the new format provides-one can see how many bots are reading early-retirement.org posts. Is there anything the mods can do about that. We don't want to be tracked by bots from who knows where.
I'm sure they could zap the bots if they presented problems...

I'm sure they could zap the bots if they presented problems...
Looks like the bots have to identify themselves as bots, or the forum does that itself. But how do they know and wouldn't a clever bot find a way to not identify itself.?

Not sure if it was already mentioned here, and if so, apologies, but I just found the ‘Install the app’ option. It’s displayed at the bottom of the menu and shows a video on how to install the forum as a web app.

I went through the steps and now have an icon on my iPhone that loads the forum. Very cool.

This update keeps getting better!

Gotcha!!! Thank You SkyKing1.
I am used to how one other site I visit you can get rid of all those Alerts when you click on Read.
I have done some investigation, and it appears those alerts that you have marked as read will disappear by themselves after 4 days. Since it is less than 4 days since the new software went live, we'll see for sure after tomorrow. I'll be checking on Tuesday to see if mine have disappeared.

I used to be able to tell if I commented in a post. Now there is no way of knowing because I certainly would not remember.

I used to be able to tell if I commented in a post. Now there is no way of knowing because I certainly would not remember.
If you click on your name, then in the drop-down menu click “your content” you will see your posts listed in order. You can browse that list looking for a post.

Attachments

• IMG_3608.jpeg
    IMG_3608.jpeg
    116.1 KB · Views: 8
I use “new posts” and on the posts I have participated in, my avatar is miniaturized and in the bottom right hand corner of the OP’s avatar. Can you see that?
Even better. Great feature, thanks.

I use “new posts” and on the posts I have participated in, my avatar is miniaturized and in the bottom right hand corner of the OP’s avatar. Can you see that?
Oh, yeah I see that, thanks. And I miss the stars. ⭐

I just posted on a thread. It does not show up in new posts. What constitutes “new posts.”

I just posted on a thread. It does not show up in new posts. What constitutes “new posts.”
I believe that's because you effectively have read it by posting there if the filter is set to "unread", but that can be changed. It should appear when someone else posts to it if filtered by unread. It will still show if you select "threads with your posts".

Last edited:
Hey, lookee here. Something shiny and new. Been away for a while and the Edsel turned into an F-150 Lighting.

I think I'll do some tire kicking and see what this baby can do.

Back
Top Bottom