Refi Options?

Hmmm ... this KAUFX performance puzzle is a real head-scratcher.

I combed through various pages trying to find graphs to compare VTSMX with KAUFX. I set the time periods to either "Max" (if possible)
or to "10 Years."

Market Watch:

38349-albums270-picture2273.jpg

Yahoo:

38349-albums270-picture2272.jpg

Morningstar:

38349-albums270-picture2271.jpg

Financial Times:

38349-albums270-picture2270.jpg

and, finally, Portfolio Visualizer:

38349-albums270-picture2269.jpg

They all seem to communicate the same results except the last one, don't you think? Could there be a bug in Portfolio Visualizer that reverses the graph line labels?

I'll be anxious to hear if anyone figures out what's going on, but I wouldn't touch a fund with 2.2% expense ratio with a long stick even if it has outperformed in the past. So KAUFX really doesn’t matter to me.

For those interested, here is a good video on picking a fund manager: Dr. Kenneth French on picking a manager: https://famafrench.dimensional.com/videos/identifying-superior-managers.aspx

Yeah - this is good stuff - not on topic with my initial entering discussion, but since there are so many different outputs from the various tools, it is certainly worth understanding what is happening in each case. Frankly, from years of reading about how significant the ER is, I was "certain" the index funds would have done better - except in short term specific scenarios where an active fund manager got lucky.

Initially, I thought PV might not have included ER cost, but ....

Back
Top Bottom