Satire Cartoon Video: Rat Race Version of Happiness

daylatedollarshort

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I enjoyed this short satire video on the rat race version of happiness that was posted on Reddit today. If you have or had a rat race / megacorp / Office Space type job commuting in traffic, taking a crowded train or working in an office building you might find it amusing:

https://vimeo.com/244405542

Last edited:
I enjoyed it too. Thanks.

Karl Marx was more correct in his observations of how things worked that Smith was. Smith was a hail fellow, well met and full of cheerful bonhomme, and therefore a rather hopeful "Bright side of things" guy. Marx was an analytical sourpuss. Their personalities seemed to have affected their work

Good one!

I don't think it's a comment on either Marx or Smith. I see it as a reflection of our own human nature. It's funny, it's sad, it's a lot of things. But it's really just what we DO.

Good video, albeit a bit sad. I was thinking of sending it to a couple of friends, but since they are most definitely "still in the race", I thought better of it.

Good video, albeit a bit sad. I was thinking of sending it to a couple of friends, but since they are most definitely "still in the race", I thought better of it.

That video hit close to home for us. We tend to hang out with people from the senior clubs these days even though they are older. We have more in common with them than our former co-workers and neighbors still in the matrix.

That video hit close to home for us. We tend to hang out with people from the senior clubs these days even though they are older. We have more in common with them than our former co-workers and neighbors still in the matrix.

Oh, I feel your pain. I have been a party to my Dad's Sunday "Happy Hour" get together for many years, and besides myself, the youngest member to have joined over the years is 78. I really don't have much in common with the folks that are of "my generation".

... former co-workers and neighbors still in the matrix.

Good analogy, I'm going to steal that.

Maybe I'll tell people I took the red pill (or was it blue?) and now I can see what's really going on - from the outside.

Good analogy, I'm going to steal that.

Maybe I'll tell people I took the red pill (or was it blue?) and now I can see what's really going on - from the outside.

I stole the Matrix reference from the Reddit link description, so please feel free to keep using it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom