Sched D removed from TT 2014 Deluxe

Thanks for the tip about VG flagship, I downloaded a free version of premier today. I don't do my own taxes but I'll probably play a bit to check out sensitivities to additional income and deductions of various types.

TT made a bad marketing move, customers (like me) are moving to other vendors. I don't need Sched D but their actions made me re-evaluate whether or not they are a good value. I have been their customer from their first edition but will be using Tax Act this year.

+1
I suspect that you will not look back after moving to Tax Act. $17/year now and no frustrations.

I made the move over a decade ago when TT started damaging computers that also had Linux loaded due to their undocumented DRM features at the time.

-gauss

I've used TT for over a decade. Just made the switch to TaxACT for 2014 thanks to the advice given in this thread.

Hey, anyone remember how TurboTax reps would drop in on online forums? This year, not so much...

Glad that I procrastinated on ordering and paying the extra $9.99 for the TT Premier version. Wonder how many folks @ Intuit lost their job over this mess?

Probably all the people who had little control over the decisions. :rolleyes:

Good idea, I just did the same.

The initial response I received was along the line that he didn't understand the question but he seemed to not know that they had reduced the price of Premier for Flagship customers from $9.99 to nil so I clarified the question for him.

Wouldn't it be funny if we have the same guy. My guy's initials are RP.

The initial response I received was along the line that he didn't understand the question but he seemed to not know that they had reduced the price of Premier for Flagship customers from $9.99 to nil so I clarified the question for him.

Wouldn't it be funny if we have the same guy. My guy's initials are RP.

Not the same guy, mine has initials SG. I only PM'ed him today so I don't expect a response until Monday.

Meanwhile they are in Valley Forge saying "Don't these old retired guys have better things to do for $9.99?" :D

My VG rep asked for the TurboTax order number which I was able to provide, including a screen shot of the confirmation email of the purchase.

I've used Taxact the past 4 years and I have started this years tax filing via Taxact. I am very happy.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Note that I had already purchased the Deluxe version this year, after seeing in the program that a free upgrade was available, and finding the online upgrade did not seem to work, call TT and they sent me overnight a free CD of premier and also paid for the express shipping.

What a bunch of cheapskates! :LOL: I only mean that in the kindest, most complimentary way, of course. But gee, you all are terrific at LBYM and being ultra frugal in purchasing your tax software.

My thought was, "Gee, all those Flagship customers indignant over ten bucks." Then again, that's how they got to be Flagship...;)

Amethyst

What a bunch of cheapskates! :LOL: I only mean that in the kindest, most complimentary way, of course. But gee, you all are terrific at LBYM and being ultra frugal in purchasing your tax software.

Same reason ice cream now comes in 1.5 quart tubs, instead of half a gallon. The manufacturers didn't want to increase the "customer's price point." :sick:

Amethyst

I'm not sure why they didn't just increase the price.

I heard from my Vanguard rep last night:

Thank you for your question regarding TurboTax. I am sorry for the inconvenience and I understand the confusion. Intuit made the change last year effectively moving schedules D and E to their Premier product from the Deluxe product. This was outside of Vanguard's control and because we were not informed of that change the Premier products both online and desktop download was free last year as an exception. This year and for tax year 2014 only, TurboTax Premier Desktop Download only, is free for all Flagship clients. If the you choose the Premier Desktop Download from the beginning, you should see the price as free when you check out. The upgrade between Deluxe Online to Premier Online is working as it should, and you will receive the $9.99 discounted rate. The distinction is that Premier Online is discounted but not free. Please let me know if the product you purchased was the desktop download or the online version and I will see what I can do regarding a refund. If you were charged for the desktop version I may need some additional information including a purchase order or confirmation number of the purchase. We can move ahead from there and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
I replied with my order # and thanked him for his assistance in getting me a refund.

Wonder if he likes his job or is socking away every penny he can, hoping to retire early... :)

Back
Top Bottom