Share Your FIRE Milestones - 2021

Wasn't a milestone I was looking for but realized yesterday that my 2020 dividends exceeded my 2020 military retirement! 2021 is expected to do even better. :dance:

^ LOL! I like that! Old Billie is a little lighter these days after that divorce thou.

Last edited:
There needs to be an ER therapist that understands our unique population but all the qualified ones are retired!!!:LOL:

Not all of us! ;) Some of us are semi-retired:cool: We hit our milestone a few years ago, but I love the work too much, so I am stuck in perpetual OMY land. Working exclusively from home makes it even better.

We are nowhere close to joining the 7 figure club or even the 6 figure club..lookin to hit the 15K mark in the next couple of months. everyone has to start somewhere. But we are retired with pensions and I will soon be 62 and will add about 1100 a month SS to the mix .

IMHO the best thing about being retired is No more alarm clocks (how i loathed those things.

Congratulations on the retirement!

We are very small fry indeed (compared to many on this forum) and about 15 years away from retirement. We barely made it to the 7 figure club, but that includes our down-payment "fund" and our emergency savings. Hopefully, we will be squarely in 7 figure club 15 years from now. I'd love for my hard working DH to still be young enough to enjoy retirement with us.

2 milestones in November, first one is I enter November with 40 working days remaining and will leave leave November less than 30 working days.:)

2 milestones in November, first one is I enter November with 40 working days remaining and will leave leave November less than 30 working days.:)
tick tick tick :D
I hope to visit your city soon. We drove right by on the way to the highlands and back around to the east.
Congrats to you, short timer!!

tick tick tick :D
I hope to visit your city soon. We drove right by on the way to the highlands and back around to the east.
Congrats to you, short timer!!

I hope you enjoyed your trip as much as I do every time I drive up the west coast. Stunning scenery and sunsets. Downside is always likely to get a shower, or worse:D

Half year update on networth

Half year update:

After tax account: 2.0
Retirement account: 6.0
Rental Property: 4.9
Primary Residence 3.3 -0.7

total: 15.5m
Good increase from 6 months ago thx to rising of stock and real estate
price

Thanks,like many other savers of modest means we just try and keep pecking away and adding to our investments each and every month. Some months we do better than others but always try and stay around the 1,000 a month into investing..depending on if we have to replenish emergency fund..ie water heater, home repair dental etc.

Just keep on saving, it took my wife and I 37 years, but we saved 42X our spending before retirement, we had our 25X 6 years earlier, but I hadn't heard of FIRE at that time. We were self employed and I cut way back in Jan 2016, but I couldn't get the wife to, so she was doing two jobs (1.86 jobs, I worked 1 day out of the 7 ). Finally a hurricane destroyed the business and she retired. After 3 years of retirement spending, we are at 55X.

That compound interest thing, it's a phenomena!

Today is a mini-milestone for me. I reached a net worth of $19M today. $19,074,165 to be exact. My next major milestone is to reach $30M around 2025. Cheers! Love this forum!

Hit $23.3M NW today, and $22.2M in investments. The race to hit $30M is on track.

Pretty good.
Your Net Worth went up 4.3m in 10 days.

Finally reached little over 5M total today in the investment accounts !!!! Time to treat myself another long range fishing trip.

Last edited:
Pretty good.

Your Net Worth went up 4.3m in 10 days.

Lots of Tesla or Crypto? …. Someone has to let us in on the secret, I’ll “risk” 10k in crypto for some of those big numbers….

Back
Top Bottom