Share Your FIRE Milestones - 2021

Congratulations on all these impressive, multi-million dollar milestones!

It certainly is all relative. I'm thankful to be back in the "two comma club" after slipping back under for a little while last month. :dance:

W00T!! Hit $4.5M NW today, and $3.9M in investments....waiting for the odometer to rollover to $4.0M!

That is where we were 10 years ago, when we FIRE'd. And today up some 50+% from then, we crossed another milestone, swapping out the first of our portfolio digits for the next one in line.

It's the ongoing, but always interesting, question - withdraw at max upon FIRE, per FireCalc or other, in order to live big now? Or start off a bit slower, and then add to the budget each and every year as growth above spending continues to fatten the portfolio?

We clearly went with the later, and while it did feel slightly (very slightly) constrained in the beginning, we are now approaching the not-really-a-problem dilemma of how to spend more. Of course, we are now older, i.e., a bit less energy, so there's a trade off, but still, it feels pretty great.

Last edited:
That is where we were 10 years ago, when we FIRE'd. And today up some 50+% from then, we crossed another milestone, swapping out the first of our portfolio digits for the next one in line.

It's the ongoing, but always interesting, question - withdraw at max upon FIRE, per FireCalc or other, in order to live big now? Or start off a bit slower, and then add to the budget each and every year as growth above spending continues to fatten the portfolio?

We clearly went with the later, and while it did feel slightly (very slightly) constrained in the beginning, we are now approaching the not-really-a-problem dilemma of how to spend more. Of course, we are now older, i.e., a bit less energy, so there's a trade off, but still, it feels pretty great.
That's very much on my mind now, as we could probably retire now, but we're deciding to work a little longer -- while we're paying college tuition, so that we can give the kid the huge head start of not graduating with debt, like I did. I'm hoping we will be able to bring ourselves to spend according to our plan, but if we're in a recession, I'll probably want to revert to EMERGENCY CONSERVATION MODE since I won't know how long the downturn will last.

Congratulations on all these impressive, multi-million dollar milestones!

It certainly is all relative. I'm thankful to be back in the "two comma club" after slipping back under for a little while last month. :dance:

I was starting to get overwhelmed by all those HUGE numbers, too.

We're now firmly in the 2 comma range. Just small fry hanging out among the whales here! :) :) :)

As of 11/2, we hit ~50% of our FI goal and $957k NW. We're hopeful for a strong close to the year so we can hit our 1st million in NW milestone. I'm 40 and DW is 37.

As of 11/2, we hit ~50% of our FI goal and $957k NW. We're hopeful for a strong close to the year so we can hit our 1st million in NW milestone. I'm 40 and DW is 37.

Outstanding! Very well done for your ages!!

Crossed the $2.75 million mark in saving, about 10% ROTH, 77% 401K and 3% HSA. My stretch retirement goal is $3 million I set for myself many years ago, and with 4 years until retirement I should hit it easily.....or the markets will crash and the currency will be devalued to toilet paper and I will have lots of toilet paper:)

:D
Crossed the $2.75 million mark in saving, about 10% ROTH, 77% 401K and 3% HSA. My stretch retirement goal is $3 million I set for myself many years ago, and with 4 years until retirement I should hit it easily.....or the markets will crash and the currency will be devalued to toilet paper and I will have lots of toilet paper:)

:D:D:D:D:D

Oh, my! I should hope our currency is not devalued to that extent!

You would likely more than cross that 3M retirement mark with 4 years left... we may have a correction or two in the meanwhile but hopefully nothing that is an utter collapse!

Not that much. 19k Tesla shares, the rest are spread out among other investments.

Hit $23.3M NW today, and $22.2M in investments. The race to hit $30M is on track.

Wow. You've got about 99% of your liquid investments in one stock. TSLA right now is at about($1162x 19000) 22,078,000.
As incredible as it's done I'd be pretty nervous with that AA. But I am obviously a lot more conservative than you.:LOL:

With all these multi million dollar numbers with young age. I am feeling poor lol.

I am just hoping to break $600k before end year and I am 43. I need to up my game.

Congratulations everyone. No matter how much you have or what your goal is, the key to successful retirement is to be able to have the money to support your personal budget.

Enjoy each day here on Earth--time goes so quickly!

Just turned 42 and hit 5M! Woot!

Only have 100 of shares of TSLA [emoji3]

FINALLY hit $4M in investments today! I'm prepared to go below that again, probably many times, but more milestones eventually await!

Got tips? :D:D:D:D

All this advice will probably sound like any FIRE how-to:

- Limit spend
- Invest and invest early
- Real estate pays if you put in the work
- Increase pay
- Side hustles
- Diversify
- Hold on to assets during down cycles

With all this being said, be happy w/ your journey. I can say that I was happier at $100k than $5M; i was less obsessed with hitting numbers.

Would you still be able to reach this NW or close without single stock picks?

Yes, most of my gains have been in the past few years, but a lot of it was from consistently putting into my 401k and maxing out.

The more recent bull runs in the past years have helped for single picks, but it hasn't been astronomically more than if I had just put money into the S&P early and just let it grow. I'm actually down vs market this year. Hard to beat the market consistently. It's "fun" to try?

Back
Top Bottom