Share Your FIRE Milestones - 2021

Congratulations. Maybe it's time for you to get more girlfirends and celebrate. Blow the Dough. :dance:

I truly hope you don't pass away with $10 Million spending less than $15,000 a year.

I'm drooling reading your last sentence.

I'm 100% in the market (almost 100% S&P 500) so it could drop 67%, you never know.

I'm drooling reading your last sentence.

I'm 100% in the market (almost 100% S&P 500) so it could drop 67%, you never know.

Haha. You're a strange man. 100% ? Why don't you set aside $200K or $300K of your $1.3 mil, and put it it in cash earning 5% in Cds, in case the market drops.

My DW hit a milestone this month. Her latest pay raise (she is 52) puts her salary about 5k/yr greater than my highest ever. She deserves it. She works hard. Currently our combined pensions total $138k, her salary is $144k and my sports officiating brings in almost $20k. Still to come in 10 years-SSx2 plus her FERS pension. Not a huge NW. Around 1.2million. Our huge asset is our multiple government COLA pensions. You don't make a ton in the military, but the pension is nice.

My DW hit a milestone this month. Her latest pay raise (she is 52) puts her salary about 5k/yr greater than my highest ever. She deserves it. She works hard. Currently our combined pensions total $138k, her salary is $144k and my sports officiating brings in almost $20k. Still to come in 10 years-SSx2 plus her FERS pension. Not a huge NW. Around 1.2million. Our huge asset is our multiple government COLA pensions. You don't make a ton in the military, but the pension is nice.

Will you be officiating the Super Bowl?

Congrats to DW.

In January 2014, at my divorce, my NW was $0.127M. Exactly 10 years later it is $1.781M. Looking to hit $2M late this year, early next.

Just wanted to comment how refreshing it is to have a place with "nary a hint" of wealth shaming. Happy to see everyone encouraging and rooting for each other!

This is my 10 year anniversary of walking away from the megacorp, and have escaped the higher level SORR. If I knew the line was going to keep going up, I'd have left earlier. Now I need to concentrate on learning how to comfortably spend money before expiring. But it's a new trick for this old dog...I balked at the huge price increase at the quick oil change place and did it myself...first time in decades, LOL!

This is my 10 year anniversary of walking away from the megacorp, and have escaped the higher level SORR. If I knew the line was going to keep going up, I'd have left earlier. Now I need to concentrate on learning how to comfortably spend money before expiring. But it's a new trick for this old dog...I balked at the huge price increase at the quick oil change place and did it myself...first time in decades, LOL!

I did the same last fall also. I ended up doing it myself and saved about 60$. In fact, I just called around to see what oil change prices are a few days ago.

I'm with you still try to save and get the most with the dollar. I don't think my thinking will ever change.

I balked at the huge price increase at the quick oil change place and did it myself...first time in decades, LOL!

For our car I used to do myself in the summer and take it in in the winter. The last quick lube place charged me over $90 for nothing but semi-synth oil (no conventional option with them) and filter. From now on I'll be doing my own changes on the car just like I do with everything else!

$19.95 at Walmart.

My various accounts crossed the $7M mark recently. I started participating in my company’s deferred comp plan a couple years ago which has boosted my savings rate above 60% of my gross income.

Hoping to join the 8 figure club by the time my youngest kid graduates high school and then we may move to a lower COL area.

I retired in January 2009. It has has been 15 years since I rolled over my 401K into a TRP fund that just hit $1.3 Mil.
Our total NW is close to $3 Mil, and we get about $82K between SS and non COLA pensions.
Life is good!

I just reran Firecalc and it says we are at 100%.

At first I thought maybe the tool was broke as I was pretty sure we had like $40k to go, but then realized it must be because its 2024, so the tool calculated one year closer to SS and paying off the mortgage which was just enough to lower our needed portfolio #.

Yeh, he's still going to complete his contract this year, but we can probably slow down the savings and start spending a bit more day to day.

Crossed the 5 mil mark in investible assets, for the first time! It's sure to go back down again, but over the long term, I hope it keeps going the right overall direction.

$775,600 All-time high today.

Age: 46. All in on index. No RE. Hope to be a millionaire before 50. I always wanted to become one in my 40s.

I am investing about $42.5k a year.

Will I reach my goals?

Back
Top Bottom