Share Your FIRE Milestones - 2021

Congratulations! Welcome to the two comma club! You didn’t get to three comma right?

Just the 2 for now! If I had 3, I probably would be busy building my next yacht to be posting here. :D

I feel like the next milestones will be in this order:

1. Million's plural (instead of just the 1)
2. 100% FIRECalc Success achieved
3. RETIRED
4. College tuition is paid
5. I live to cash that first social security check, lol!

What are they in?

About 75% in CD’s. 10% in individual Muni Bonds. 10% in MYGA’s . Rest in a couple of mutual funds and individual stock.

90% of total in non retirement accounts. Could I have a better AA? Probably so, was just too busy to pay much attention. Slow and steady.

Just hit 11M in investable assets. Very little in market. I guess that may mean I have almost 11M in savings. Been a long ride and am getting tired of trying to get ahead. There are worst hobbies. Thanks for all of the advice along the way. Happy Holidays

What do you do for work? Incredible wealth! I will be there one day, but its not going to be for at least another few decades if I am soo lucky to live that long. And it will only be due to inheritence, so lots of savingg on my dad's part. He can't and won't spend it and I help him manage. Lots of cash flow and he is heavy into VGT, MGK, QQQ, AAPL.

I believe there is a lot of 8 figure portfolios here on ER. I tip my hat to those because numbers like take a lot of work and discipline. I will never reach an eight-figure portfolio, but I shouldn't need one, I hope not anyway. Would be incredible if it happened though.

Congratulations!

Last edited:
I agree, it's wonderful to see. Personally, I hit eight figures a long time ago, so I know how it feels. Of course, there's that pesky decimal point after the first six, but it's the thought that counts.

About 75% in CD’s. 10% in individual Muni Bonds. 10% in MYGA’s . Rest in a couple of mutual funds and individual stock.

90% of total in non retirement accounts. Could I have a better AA? Probably so, was just too busy to pay much attention. Slow and steady.

I am surprised you got to 8 digits with CDs and Munis

I had three:

-to reach the age and years of service that maximized my DB pension benefits

-when my employer stock options reached a point where I felt it prudent to start exercising them in order to secure our early retirement

-when my employer finally gave me an extremely attractive termination package

I was able to realize all three within the space of two years of each other and walk at 58/59. The stars were in alignment.

Last edited:
I agree, it's wonderful to see. Personally, I hit eight figures a long time ago, so I know how it feels. Of course, there's that pesky decimal point after the first six, but it's the thought that counts.

I like that and those pesky decimal points ruin everything. LOL

You are the first one I’ve reach to this much wealth in mostly CD’s. So all your investments were safe and didn’t beat inflation?

What do you do and what is your income?

Just hit a new all time high of $2.9M not including house!

Planning to buy an expensive sports car within the next 1-2 years...so that number will never be seen again after that lol. Blow that dough!

Planning to buy an expensive sports car within the next 1-2 years...so that number will never be seen again after that lol. Blow that dough!

Thats awesome and great job!!

I hope to see your BTD post some time down the road.

congratulations, twin! I added up my numbers this morning, and came in just a shade over $2.9M, myself. Something like $2.903M. :dance:

$726k all in 401k, Roth IRA, taxable account and bank account. No RE. Age 45.

Hoping to get to $1M before 50 so I can brag that I became a millionaire in my 40s.

Will I get there?

I plan to invest $45k a year.

$726k all in 401k, Roth IRA, taxable account and bank account. No RE. Age 45.

Hoping to get to $1M before 50 so I can brag that I became a millionaire in my 40s.

Will I get there?

I plan to invest $45k a year.

Probably yes, unless you are heavily in equities and there is a downturn in markets.

Thats awesome and great job!!

I hope to see your BTD post some time down the road.
Will do. The cars I'm looking at have a long waiting period...Lotus Emira or Corvette Z06. I sold my 2007 GT500 last year to make room in the garage. I still have my '69 Camaro to drive occasionally.

congratulations, twin! I added up my numbers this morning, and came in just a shade over $2.9M, myself. Something like $2.903M. :dance:
Congrats to you also! My ride was a slow and steady one...the best kind!

I've had this one for 40 years
DSCF6311.jpg

Sold this one a year ago
AlloyDave Hazman.jpg

Congrats to all the $4M folks...seems to be a lot at $4M! Great job!

Lotus Emira GT4, perhaps?
Uh, that's a bit out of my affordability range. Base Emira. I'm hoping they pump up the HP though...it's only 400 HP and I'd like to see more like 480 and a taller torque curve.

For the first time in two years my LNW is slightly higher than when it was when I FIREd. We'll just ignore two years of inflation while I enjoy the moment and pretend SORR isn't a thing.

Well, I managed to finish out 2023, staying barely above the $2.9M threshold ($2.901M), so I guess that's an accomplishment.

Also, in raw dollar gain, 2023 was my best year, ever. According to my spreadsheet, I saw a gain of $470,839. My second best year, 2019, was $416,629. However, throw inflation into the mix, and that 2019 number would be around $500K, in today's dollars.

And, as a percentage gain, I've had better years. Still, I figure my return was around 20.81% for 2023, so it was still one of the better years!

Back
Top Bottom