should I go it alone

Meeting with current advisor tomorrow morning with 90% chance of firing him. Why the 10% chance. If he can convince me of the value he provides, other then not having to be active in my investment decisions.

:nonono:

He's a salesperson. It's his job to convince you that you need him (this is the guy that messed up your 72t?) - his livelihood depends on it. I bet he has more experience convincing people they need him than you do in the opposite. It's like asking the rustproofing guy if rustproofing is a good thing.

You've read the info here, you got your answers, just leave.

-ERD50

He provides himself with value from you. Your accounts did worse than their benchmarks under his management. He will dazzle you with statistics. Cancel the appointment and let the Schwab people take over. At the very least, tell him you will run his figures past "your" Schwab guy.

Last edited:
He provides himself with value from you. Your accounts did worse than their benchmarks under his management. He will dazzle you with statistics. Cancel the appointment and let the Schwab people take over. At the very least, tell him you will run his figures past "your" Schwab guy.
+1

Do it. Rememer that its your money and your future.

Be assertive. Just return their "free coffee mug" and say goodbye.

How about if I ask FA to lower their fees to .375 %.
That could make sense if you are satisfied with every aspect of the arrangement. But I am reading a lot of negatives from other posters, as well as yourself.

Will be interesting to see how this turns out. I think the under-performance last year is significant. It suggests there is some basis for getting a settlement from the advisor for his fees in the past.

I'd shake the tree some more, and see what fall out.

I have a fixed fee advisor that works out as well less than even 0.4%. It's a considerably more involved portfolio. Yet I'd do it myself rather than pay 0.4%. Net, I agree with the overwhelmingly one-sided advice here.

I have a fixed fee advisor that works out as well less than even 0.4%. It's a considerably more involved portfolio. Yet I'd do it myself rather than pay 0.4%. Net, I agree with the overwhelmingly one-sided advice here.
The one fixed fee adviser I found in the area with all the right alphabet behind her name wanted $5k just to talk. :( This forum has worked out much better and is a lot cheaper. :)

The one fixed fee adviser I found in the area with all the right alphabet behind her name wanted $5k just to talk. :( This forum has worked out much better and is a lot cheaper. :)

She obviously never heard of the old saying that "talk is cheap"!

Went into CS office today. The salesman looked over my current portfolio and asked me why I was paying someone for such a boiler plate index portfolio. Same question I've gotten from this forum.

Meeting with current advisor tomorrow morning with 90% chance of firing him. Why the 10% chance. If he can convince me of the value he provides, other then not having to be active in my investment decisions.

View attachment 18533

Photo today in The Villages FL

Crispus-

Looking at this picture, I can tell that you are FAR away from the center of the fairway and the short grass (where you want to be). Seems like a good analogy for your current FA situation: you're FAR away from where you want to be, in the center of the investing 'fairway' where the short (no) fees are.

"How about if I ask FA to lower their fees to .375 %."

You asked, we answered - somewhat unanimously, it seems ( sorry if I missed anyone). Time to make YOUR decision...

Back
Top Bottom