Stimulus direct deposit, checks and EIP cards.

DW and I are now officially $2400 more in the checking account today! We were under the income limits by a little bit each 2018 and 2019, so we got the full amount, as I was expecting.

We are in a similar situation. We filed our return for 2019 and were due a refund, but we applied it to our 2020 tax liability. There is no way to account for this that I can find. The IRS does not have our direct deposit info, and there’s no way to enter it, so I guess we will be waiting for a paper check.

We are in a similar situation. We filed our return for 2019 and were due a refund, but we applied it to our 2020 tax liability. There is no way to account for this that I can find. The IRS does not have our direct deposit info, and there’s no way to enter it, so I guess we will be waiting for a paper check.

It's still a refund, right? You just chose not to receive it right away. Could you fill out the field with the amount of the refund anyway?

It's still a refund, right? You just chose not to receive it right away. Could you fill out the field with the amount of the refund anyway?

I tried that, but I got the error message.

I had hoped that since we get SS direct deposit, the stimulus payment would be handled the same way, but it seems that if you file a tax return, that is what they use to determine payment method.

Last edited:
I saw on our local news that a website portal will become available April 17 where individuals can submit their direct deposit information for the stimulus check. We shall see . . .

We received ours on the 13th.

Btw, I hurriedly e-filed our Fed on 3/30 so that the IRS would have our current bank info (we changed banks last May). Imagine my surprise when my 2019 refund was deposited less than 72 hours later. Wow! If they could only be that efficient all the time.

Like many who have posted, I have had only ACH debits by the IRS for at least the last 3 years.

I went to the website link provided above (and in post #126) which is working as of 0530 EDT. I don't think it was operational yesterday. Anyway when I got in it showed they didn't have my bank acct. info. I verified things using my 2019 Line 8b (AGI) and amount owed. Then I was able to add my bank info. I went back in 30 minutes or so later and here is what it shows now.

Money needed to start small face-mask manufacturing plant and "black market barber shop" in my garage :LOL:

Thank You
I went to the website but I was uncomfortable putting my info in. The website felt sketchy but I gotta say it is remarkable how quickly it was set up. Reading this and similar posts convinced me to add my info to enable direct deposit.

So far nothing but coal in our stockings...............
(we haven't received fed refunds in years)

I file taxes, but I never owe the federal government anything, nor do I get a refund. My source of income is dividends at the present time. I always owe the state money.

When I went to the stimulus website to add in my direct deposit info, it asks either what my refund amount was or the amount I owed. I tried entering my state owed, but got an error. I tried entering zero for federal and got an error.

Does this mean I will have to wait for a paper check? Just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas.

Thank you.

Maybe the amount you owe is your tax liability regardless of what you paid in our how you handled any refund. Use that number. On my 2018 (1040), it was line 15 and it was titled "Total tax." I would try that number.

Yes!

Received our joint filing full amount this morning via direct deposit. We had filed electronically in early February, Fed and State.

Wahoo, I got mine this morning! :dance: $1051.95 , which is just what I expected after using that calculator that somebody linked to above.

Good for you W2R! I am still waiting on mine. They have my bank info now so I should get it- $1200, very soon. At least I hope so.

We’ve filed electronically for years but when I checked the IRS “Get my payment” link it stated we had to provide bank account info. Same with my FIL.

I wonder if I will get a stimulus check. Im not eligible from my 2018 tax return, but from my 2019 return, I will be eligible for the full amount. It hasnt been filed yet; my tax accountant still has it and it wont be done for another week or so. Will they let you apply your 2019 federal tax return if its not filed until later?

I wonder if I will get a stimulus check. Im not eligible from my 2018 tax return, but from my 2019 return, I will be eligible for the full amount. It hasnt been filed yet; my tax accountant still has it and it wont be done for another week or so. Will they let you apply your 2019 federal tax return if its not filed until later?

My understanding is that you won’t receive a payment now, but will receive a full credit when filing your 2020 taxes next year.

Got mine ... $1200 direct deposited. Kind a creepy though knowing that my checking account can get tapped into anytime the IRS want to :popcorn:.

Keep getting "technical difficulties" notice when submitting my banking info. Now I am locked out for 24 hrs. No clue what is the problem. I did see that the zip code that I entered is different from what is on my tax return. It is the same zip code but on the return there is the extra - xxxx number and I didn't enter it that way. Maybe that's it. The only other thing I can think of is that I checked that I am getting a refund but entered 0 for the amount which is what is on line 21a that the instructions say to use. I overpaid and was due a refund but I applied it all to next yr's estimated taxes. I hope after 24 hrs in the penalty box I can figure it out. Otherwise, I guess I wait for the paper check. No big deal other than the frustration of this thing not working.

You're not the only one- I got this. After three times I'm locked out for 24 hours. Disappointing, but I'm not surprised.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 40
In my case, I can't get past the first screen that only asks for SSN, DOB, address, and zip. I know that I'm entering everything correctly, exactly as it appears on our return. But it says, "Payment Status Not Available According to information that we have on file, we cannot determine your eligibility..." It never asks for AGI or anything else. Am I doing something wrong? We filed in 2018 with an amount due. Have not filed yet for 2019. I just want to enter bank info for us and DMIL so we can get the direct deposit.

I'm getting the same message, also filed in 2018 with amount due, have not filed 2019 yet.

Back
Top Bottom