Stimulus direct deposit, checks and EIP cards.

Same here... Payment Status Not Available. I'm now locked out for 24 hours. :mad:

I googled this error message and found lots of forums with people getting the same thing. They all suggested waiting a while and trying again. After 3 or 4 tries I got kicked off the site with a message that said I had exceeded the maximum number of attempts per day and to try again in 24 hours.

We very clearly qualify for the payment but not the automatic direct deposit. I'm just trying to provide my bank info so I don't have to wait for a check. I got the same error when checking for DMIL. Not sure this tool is ready for prime time yet.

I didn't get that error message. My first attempt to add my bank info did result in an error message, something generic about not being able to process at this time. I hit the back button in my browser and only had to re-enter my bank info. The other fields were still filled out. It went through fine the 2nd time. The site is probably getting slammed right now with so many people all trying to enter their bank info.

Got the $1,200. No notice that it increased my share of the National debt by $6,000 or so.
And it is very likely that I will die still owing my pro rata share of that debt, so I don't worry about it.

Last edited:
Yep, received mine today also.

We always file jointly. Our income was over $150,000 in 2018 (and less than 199,000) but much less in 2019 (retirement year). I filed 2019 about 10 days ago. I'm assuming they used 2018's income and see a pending deposit from the IRS for exactly $1200 today. Any idea how (if they reduce by a percentage over $150,000; the deposit is exactly the amount of a 1 person stimulus? Seems a bit off. I would have expected $2400 (joint filing) times xx%=1954.50 or some such amount. Or will another $1200 be incoming in a day or so (if they used 2019 figures)?

It does appear that they used the 2018 tax return to calculate the payment amount, but it is weird that you got exactly $1200.

The good news is that if your 2020 income qualifies you for the full payment of $2400 for a married couple, then you'll recoup the remainder when you file your 2020 taxes.

I went in and added our bank account info since we owed money instead of getting a refund. I entered DH SSN since he is listed first on our joint return. Now I wonder if I need to do a separate entry for my SSN. I prefer that we do not get a paper check.

Until I saw this thread I hadn’t realized that I would need to add bank account info...our payment was directly debited from our bank account.

I fully expect to get mine by Sept. seeing as I always owe and I pay by paper check.

I went in and added our bank account info since we owed money instead of getting a refund. I entered DH SSN since he is listed first on our joint return. Now I wonder if I need to do a separate entry for my SSN. I prefer that we do not get a paper check.

Until I saw this thread I hadn’t realized that I would need to add bank account info...our payment was directly debited from our bank account.

I did the same, only entering DH's SSN. I don't think it's necessary to enter info the for other joint filer. From this link:

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center

U.S. residents will receive the Economic Impact Payment of $1,200 for individual or head of household filers, and $2,400 for married filing jointly if they are not a dependent of another taxpayer and have a work eligible Social Security number with adjusted gross income up to:

Amounts received are reduced depending on AGI, as shown on the site.

Locked me out for 24 hours, stated incorrect information but does not show you what field is incorrect.

Same thing fo DW.

The last time I received a refund was decades ago, when paper checks were all the rage. So, this morning, I went to the "Get My Payment" site to enter my direct deposit details. In order to verify my identity, the site required me to enter my 2019 AGI. It then asked me to state whether I received a refund or owed money. I neither received a refund nor owed money, and there is no third option. The online form will not accept that, so it looks as if I am stuck getting a paper check. Dagnabbit!

not counting on getting a relief check, didn't get one in 2009 either....

The last time I received a refund was decades ago, when paper checks were all the rage. So, this morning, I went to the "Get My Payment" site to enter my direct deposit details. In order to verify my identity, the site required me to enter my 2019 AGI. It then asked me to state whether I received a refund or owed money. I neither received a refund nor owed money, and there is no third option. The online form will not accept that, so it looks as if I am stuck getting a paper check. Dagnabbit!

What if you chose either option and entered "0" as the amount?

My brother is a dependent on my tax return.
I assume he would not be entitled to a stimulus refund?

Re: Stimulus check, will I have to wait for paper check. Need some clarification.

I file taxes, but I never owe the federal government anything, nor do I get a refund. My source of income is dividends at the present time. I always owe the state money.

When I went to the stimulus website to add in my direct deposit info, it asks either what my refund amount was or the amount I owed. I tried entering my state owed, but got an error. I tried entering zero for federal and got an error.

Does this mean I will have to wait for a paper check? Just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas.

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom