Suze Orman - love it!

carnivalday

Recycles dryer sheets
Best relationship/financial advice Ive ever heard.'

"Before you get involved in a relationship, FICO first, then sex."

Hmmmm I think sex was easier, more fun activity than FICO score discussion.

I would personally score the sex before worrying about the FICO. I'm just saying.

Whew, talk about killing the romantic moment.

I guess it all depends on how you prefer getting screwed...

Seems more like the oldest profession than romance.

Sounds like something you'd expect from Suze Orman...wonder if she's ever made it past FICO score?

I think she is right on. I have so many friends who have gotten involved with men before knowing their financial situations, and once emotionally involved, got financially screwed. Not to say that all men are users,or even women for that matter. I do think it very important to know your potential mates very well before getting so emotionally involved. Tho in this day and age, its hop into bed first, then ask their name.

There is nothing wrong in protecting your financial interests. If people took her advice, far fewer would get financially screwed.

Reactions: oma
Fixed it for you.
I think she is right on. I have so many friends who have gotten involved [-]with men[/-] before knowing their financial situations, and once emotionally involved, got financially screwed. Not to say that all men are users,or even women for that matter. I do think it very important to know your potential mates very well before getting so emotionally involved. Tho in this day and age, its hop into bed first, then ask their name.

There is nothing wrong in protecting your financial interests. If people took her advice, far fewer would get financially screwed.

"Before you get involved in a relationship, FICO first, then sex."
This assumes the sex is a prelude to a serious relationship that could lead to marriage, does it not? If it's just casual sex, the FICO score (or any other measure of financial responsibility) doesn't really matter, does it? (Ethically, IMO, this requires that those engaging in it are not deceived into thinking it means more than it does.)

How did the human race survive in the era before credit scores and background checks? :LOL:

I heard Suze Orman say this last night and I could not help but wonder how do you bring up the subject of Fico scores and if his was high would that make me want to tear my clothes off and rush into bed ?:)

From what I hear, she managed to lick it...
I can't believe you sneaked that one past the moderators!

Oops.

Tho in this day and age, its hop into bed first, then ask their name.
I see that statement a lot, but nobody ever offers names-- let alone phone numbers or e-mail addresses or sign-up lists...

How did the human race survive in the era before credit scores and background checks? :LOL:
Everyone knew who owed what to whom?

My former SIL got involved with a patient, divorced her husband and moved in with the guy. Within a year he cleaned her out financially. I don't know who dumped who but she found that all along he was keeping another woman too. For the life of me I don't understand why people don't give as much thought about getting intimate as they do buying a car.

A former coworker married a widowed Boeing engineer, then found out that he hadn't filed a tax return in over 10 years and during that time he had emptied his 401k and given it to his sons. She hired an accountant with a tax practice and the SOB had the audacity to die before it was resolved. She was so thankful for the then newly passed innocent spouse provision in the IR code.

In my youth I would do informal background checks on guys who interested me as a result of getting involved once with a harasser.

I can hear the locker room banter, she had a body built like a brick sh_t house and a FICO score of 860, damn, I'm in love.

I'm starting a new online dating service called "ficodate" User profiles are ranked based on FICO scores and our proprietary algorithms match couples based on financial compatibility. I'll probably need a bunch of investors to license the scoring, or maybe I could allow users to rate themselves and offer a premium membership where we actually do a credit check.

What an unbelievable crock from Suzy Orman. It looks like its based on a self centered group of yuppies or whatever they're called now. Met my wife 35 years ago before any of us knew what a FICO score was. She was and still is a hot, intelligent woman with great core values and the rest takes care of itself.

What an unbelievable crock from Suzy Orman. It looks like its based on a self centered group of yuppies or whatever they're called now. Met my wife 35 years ago before any of us knew what a FICO score was. She was and still is a hot, intelligent woman with great core values and the rest takes care of itself.

That's usually the attitude. But, as a 62 yr old, do you think you would feel the same? Most of the men I meet are looking to find a partner who brings financial responsibility, as well as hotness, intelligence and great core values. That's a big package and women are looking for the same. Makes me wonder how many people get together at my age with all those requirements. Hasn't happened to me yet and I have 3 out of 4 qualities. It's the hotness that is lacking at my age. :rolleyes:

Most of the men I meet are looking to find a partner who brings financial responsibility, as well as hotness, intelligence and great core values. That's a big package and women are looking for the same. Makes me wonder how many people get together at my age with all those requirements. Hasn't happened to me yet and I have 3 out of 4 qualities. It's the hotness that is lacking at my age. :rolleyes:

Makes me continually grateful I found my DW. She has all the qualities, including the hotness - at least flashes of it.

Back
Top Bottom