Tax software functionality and deals

Just downloaded Deluxe+State! Thankful for, as we say in NC, "all, y'all" :)

Attachments

• blockpricedecrease.jpg
    blockpricedecrease.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 40
They have a choice of download or activation by mail. The only difference I can see is that activation by mail allows returns.

I did the activation by mail before, I got a code, and then downloaded the software (seems odd way to do it).

I bought it using the activation by mail, as I had another cheap thing I wanted and don't have prime. :flowers:

Last edited:
I need to get Premier for ESPP shares, otherwise I could use Deluxe.

I tried other tax programs for ESPP and TurboTax handles them the easiest/best. At this point, I’ll stick with them until they give me a reason not to.

I bought Premier the day after Christmas last year on Amazon. My history shows $49.42, so I’m guessing it was $45 + tax. I recall getting a $10 Amazon gift card too. I guess I’ll wait a bit longer and see if I can score a similar deal this year.

When I had ESPP, TT Premier was worth every cent. So I'm with you.

Last year, the day after Christmas deal netted me TT Deluxe at $29.98, although you had to buy the gift card too for an extra $10.

So I guess $15 extra is about right. Not sure since I don't need it anymore.

I guess tax software will never be in the BTD threads.:LOL:

H&R Block Deluxe + State is $22.50 on Amazon today. I went ahead and bit. Might have left $5 on the table over the lowest it went last year but now I can start planning and I'm frugal not cheap. :LOL:

Thanks! I picked up this deal too!

TT Deluxe Fed & State is $39.99 for black friday at Amazon. I need the PC/Mac disc version, so I guess i'll jump on this one.

So $22.50 for HRB vs $39.99 for TurboTax (for the Fed + State version). Is there anything special about TurboTax to make it worth the extra cost? It’s almost twice as much. I’ve used both packages over the years and can’t say I’ve ever really noticed much difference.

So $22.50 for HRB vs $39.99 for TurboTax (for the Fed + State version). Is there anything special about TurboTax to make it worth the extra cost? It’s almost twice as much. I’ve used both packages over the years and can’t say I’ve ever really noticed much difference.
https://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f28/tax-prep-software-89479-6.html#post2064377 is why I will never use HRB again. If you don't see an important difference you might as well use HRB.

Buy it from Newegg. You'll get two emails, one for O365 and one for H&RB.

The 365 email will have a code. Log into your MS Account, go to "manage" your 365 subscription, click on redeem code, paste in the code, it adds 15 months to your subscription. Note, this offer is for Office 365 Family edition.

Then go to the the H&RB email, click the download link, install, start up, enter your activation code, do your taxes.

I did it all within 30 mins of bobandsherry's posting this morning.

What a great deal and easy peasy to install and extend. I usually pay $105 for O365 each June and another $22 for H&R Block. O365 now extended to 9/23. Thanks for this great find!!!:clap:

Last edited:

I did a little comparison last year at this thread.

HRB primarily wins on cost. Also of note is the state filing fee has gone up on TT to $25 in most situations, although Intuit is frustratingly opaque about their state efile fees.

I did a little comparison last year at this thread.

HRB primarily wins on cost. Also of note is the state filing fee has gone up on TT to $25 in most situations, although Intuit is frustratingly opaque about their state efile fees.

Thanks! I know it’s not a lot of money in the grand scheme of things but I like to understand why I’m paying almost double for basically the same product. But I did use TurboTax last year after being on HRB for several years in a row and I did find it easy to use. So I guess I’ll jump on the Black Friday pricing and get TT Deluxe.

Seeking TT premiere deal of u ok see one please post. Only need federal

Thanks! I know it’s not a lot of money in the grand scheme of things but I like to understand why I’m paying almost double for basically the same product.
You say "almost double" but we're not talking the price of a car or house. It's only $16.50. I'm not worried about their cost to make the product and wonder if Intuit is making too much profit on me. The HRB product simply isn't a product I will buy again since there is a better product available to do my taxes. I'm glad they have a tax program though, as a competitor to TT to keep the price down.

TT Fed+State CD Business $69.99/ Premier $59.99 at Amazon with free delivery Dec. 14-16 (in stock soon).

We bought H & R Block Deluxe, Federal only, on Tuesday for $24. Saw later today on AMZ, it is $17 today. ACK! We spent $7 more than we needed to! I think that $7 just crashed my Early-Early Retirement experiment that I have had going on for almost 20 years, will have to go back to... work...

DW was using it today :)

Did the $60 Turbo Premier fed & state at Amazon.

Back
Top Bottom