Update on SS adjustment for ER... That's all?

cc, yes, I was typing in the earnings record, year after year. I have run the calculator very few times over 3 years now. When I first downloaded it in 2002, I didn't think they had a version update method on the SSA site. Or maybe I missed it. In fact, I never tried saving any of the results/data until the other night.

I guess as each year goes by and another version comes out, I will probably nuke the old version and start from scratch again. Not the most efficient method, but at least I will know that the latest tables are being used, and the correct earnings data. Being retired, it's not like I have to be time efficient! :D

After reading the "help" info available, I just run it with all the defaults except for my birthdate, month + 1 of my age 62 date, year of first earnings & year of last earnings, and # of pre-1977 quarters. I click the "male" button too, although I doubt it does anything for what I am looking for.

One question for you - you said you "loaded it up with all the data" - do you mean manually? I would hope it could still read my old data files...

I downloaded the new Calculator. You do have to delete it on your PC, before the new version is downloaded.

You will not have to key in the old data again, if you have saved it before on your PC. I grabbed my old data and it loaded just fine.

Thanks Cut-throat - that works fine. I added 2005 to the icon name to help me remember to update it in the future...

Ugh! I can't get Social Security until I'm 62 in 2041. I really loved the comment about the reduction in benefits starting in 2042. If my memory is still good, I'll be receiving 73% of what I should have received at age 62 (which is already reduced because my full retirement age is 67).

Hey daystar, you sound like you are anxious to be 62.
Why? I am anxious to get my hands on my SS checks,
but in no hurry for 2 more years to be gone. Anyway,
it's kind of interesting that we are getting along just fine
without it. Who knows, maybe I will hit 62 and just decide to hold off drawing it. It happened that way with
my IRA. Still untouched and growing.

John Galt

Back
Top Bottom