• car dealers

Votes: 15 11.2%
  • gas companies

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • other

Votes: 24 17.9%

• Total voters
Toejam said:
I hate people who don't take their turn in line at a grocery store, fast food counter, department store, etc. People who don't think they should have to "wait in line" like everyone else. Maybe if I was 6'4" and weighed 240 pounds, this wouldn't happen to me. I used to not say anything. Now I just say, politely, "Excuse me, but I was here first". That does the trick every time - and I usually get an apology, too.

I had a little banty-rooster type want to "step outside with me" in a grocery checkout line. He was ahead of me in a "10 items or less" lane. He was unloading a good 40 items onto the belt. I said, under my breath "yeah, right, 10 items."

He turned around and said to me "you have a problem?" I said no. 2 more times he asked me if I had a problem. Finally the third time, I had had enough. I said "no, I don't have a problem. I can count to 10."

He didn't like that very much....wanted to fight. He was about 5' 2". I confess I toyed with the idea of thumping on him, but I was in Anchorage and for all I knew he was packing. I had visions of the cops arriving, so I just flat out told him I wasn't going to both to get physical over a grocery line.

Personally, I wish checkout clerks would enforce that one, but if I were making minimum wage, I probably wouldn't either.

I find rule-breakers, like those punks who cut in front of lines, very interesting. They are exploiting the fact that most people are polite to their advantage -- sort of the ideal capitalist.

I was on the net before there was spam. It was utopian. Eventually, some slimy bastard figured out that he didn't have to be polite and he could make money from not being polite. Then the floodgates opened, and the net was never the same again.

I often wonder why there isn't more of this anomy (wow, I haven't used that word since high school). Maybe it will inevitably increase, like entropy.

bosco said:
I had a little banty-rooster type want to "step outside with me" in a grocery checkout line. He was ahead of me in a "10 items or less" lane. He was unloading a good 40 items onto the belt. I said, under my breath "yeah, right, 10 items."

He turned around and said to me "you have a problem?" I said no. 2 more times he asked me if I had a problem. Finally the third time, I had had enough. I said "no, I don't have a problem. I can count to 10."

He didn't like that very much....wanted to fight. He was about 5' 2". I confess I toyed with the idea of thumping on him, but I was in Anchorage and for all I knew he was packing. I had visions of the cops arriving, so I just flat out told him I wasn't going to both to get physical over a grocery line.

Personally, I wish checkout clerks would enforce that one, but if I were making minimum wage, I probably wouldn't either.
]
Bosco: You shoulda decked the little jerk - just kidding :D . Seriously, I would've felt the same way. You can add this guy to the category of people I do not like. They all fall under DRiP Guys category of the "self-absorbed", rude, and inconsiderate.

Toejam said:
DRiP Guy:

Way to go! I know exactly how you must've felt. It's kinda like when you're driving in heavy traffic and trying to merge into another lane. Finally, when someone let's you in, you feel so happy and grateful, you feel like waving a big "Thank You" sign out the window. I always wave my hand and smile so the driver of the other car knows I appreciate it. I'm sure the polite guy behind you appreciated your "appreciation" of him.

Toejam

Ooo! Ooo! Ya know what I hate? It's when you let someone into line when you know they're going to be sitting with their flasher on for 15 minutes if you aren't a nice person. So you wave them in and they pull into line without even looking at you or waving or acknowledging your action at all. Whenever that happens I have to follow them to their destination just to kill them. :D

Very cool thing you did for the right actor - bet it made his day!

People who don't pull over for ambulances bug me. First, it's the law (at least around where I live). Second, it's just common decency. If it was you or your mother or wife or child who needed an ambulance, I bet you would want all the drivers to pull over so the ambulance could get to you or the hospital.

2Cor521

In my enthusiasm for posting I didnt notice car dealers until after I had clicked on Insurance agents. Premature clicking- a problem I suffer from quite frequently.

As an attorney- I'm sure most of those votes for lawyers were just several cases of premature clicking- lawyers being the first on the list and all... I'm just sure of it...

terrorist, spammer, theif, cheater, scam artist, barbarian, etc. I will think of another list later.

newyorklady said:
1. financial consultants.

2. child molesters

3. howard k. stern

Howard K. Stern: Not to be confused with Shock Jock, Howard Stern. Although I am sure he is also on some people's hate list. :)

Quickly off the top of my head, and in no particular order:

1) People who walk their dogs and do not pick up the poop.
2) People who think their time is more valuable than others (i.e. people who cut to the front of the queue, both drivers and pedestrians).
3) People with dogs that bark all night.
4) Irrational people, especially irrational people who vote or are in politics.
5) People who think the world owes them a living.
6) People who are uneducated by choice (there are a lot of these).
7) People who are cruel to animals and the weak, including a) people who abuse their wives b) people who abuse children and c) people who take advantage of the elderly.
8) pseudo- intellectuals.
9) People who litter.
10) Scientologist (see irrational).

I realize I do not like a large group of people.

Under lawyers there could have been a footnote for judges. Some are saints working way beyond 40 hours and committing their intellectual capacity and soul to resolving the disputes that arise for good reasons and lame. They help us maintain civility. Then, there are those who seize the opportunity to fuel ego and feather a cushy nest at the expense of our tax dollars. I have encountered some who are close to civil saints and others who are egomaniacal, arbitrary bastards (or bitches). The latter bastards and bitches are parasites who suck off your hard earned tax bucks to accumulate cushy retirements after their reign. It is the closest thing to royalty. Even on the municipal level they enjoy civic invitations, cart blanche admission to important local functions and as much ass kissing as a body could endure without terminal chafing.

It's gotta be Politicians. Hands down!

As far as all of the others, for the most part you can choose to deal with them or not.

But, the politicians? You're stuck with whoever the "idiot public" votes for.

-CC

Back
Top Bottom