What is your financial Achilles' heel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two months later I do my taxes and get $1000 refund!
Off topic, but it sounds like you might want to tweak your tax planning. Receipt of a refund just means that you inadvertedly gave the government an interest-free loan.

Not that $1,000 is a large amount of money, but still, every little bit counts.

Not that $1,000 is a large amount of money, but still, every little bit counts.

No it doesn't. Chicken feed is chicken feed. Anyone who feels a need to play their taxes with such precision A) Probably isn't making much money and B) has a problem that has nothing to do with money or taxes

I didn't make all this money just so I could waste my time and attention on 1,000 bucks. And a $1,000 "loan" to the Gov doesn't show up on their books or for all intents and purposes, mine. And next year I'll end up owing... then get some back... etc etc.... Better things to do.

If time is money, I probably spend too much time doing things myself when I should be paying someone else to do them and, in turn, using my time for something more lucrative.

Chicken feed ... I didn't make all this money just so I could waste my time and attention on 1,000 bucks.
You just keep telling yourself that. The US government can definitely use all the 'free money' it can get! :LOL:

I don't worry about it either. I don't hunt down the best CD rates and I don't take tax refunds, just credit them to next year's taxes.

Now if it was like the bad old days when CD interest was 10% and a mortgage cost you 15% I might watch more carefully - :)

You just keep telling yourself that. The US government can definitely use all the 'free money' it can get! :LOL:

You just keep telling yourself that and don't wrinkle your straight jacket

I don't tell myself that.

The Gov cannot possibly get any kind of laughs off that. You must Mr Chicken Feed. Makin' it or fakin' it? Perilously insecure or maybe OCD? Either way sad

The way it works is, I get the money back. I am out nought and the Gov coughs it up. How much can anybody make that a person who counts would think is worth worrying about on a grand? Answer: Zip

Like I said... better things to do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom