2016 Fall TV

So, it's been a few weeks. Any keepers out there in the new shows? MacGyver bites, Timeless is interesting, I'm just watching the first episode of Bull now, but I suspect Michael Weatherby is going to regret leaving NCIS. Other than that I haven't really seen any of them. What's making the cut for you?

Bull is the 5th highest rated new show after the first 4 weeks in the 18-49 demo and #1 in overall viewers by a large margin. Weatherly is worth $15M so he can take on a new role and be more creative and have a nice change. Looks like the show will be a financial success and he will make a good amount of money. Not sure why he would regret leaving NCIS?

Bull is the 5th highest rated new show after the first 4 weeks in the 18-49 demo and #1 in overall viewers by a large margin. Weatherly is worth $15M so he can take on a new role and be more creative and have a nice change. Looks like the show will be a financial success and he will make a good amount of money. Not sure why he would regret leaving NCIS?

Well, I didn't know all that stuff. I just watched the show and was unimpressed. I guess he doesn't have to regret leaving NCIS anyway, since he's getting a fair amount of cash from the syndication of the show. I hope he does well and is successful as someone other than Tony DiNozzo. I just don't think the show is very good.

Designated Survivor and The Good Place for me. I like Bull and Timeless ok but I have a couple still queued up on DVR that I'm in no hurry to see.

If you have Amazon Prime....Goliath is a good one staring Billy Bob Thornton. It's a new Amazon original and consists of 8 episodes.

Goliath (TV Series 2016– ) - IMDb
I am very much enjoying this. We are 3 episodes in and am not looking forward to the end of the season.

Also enjoy "The Good Place", it reminds me of the ABC show "Pushing Daisies" that I thoroughly enjoyed.

Last edited:
So, it's been a few weeks. Any keepers out there in the new shows? MacGyver bites, Timeless is interesting, I'm just watching the first episode of Bull now, but I suspect Michael Weatherby is going to regret leaving NCIS. Other than that I haven't really seen any of them. What's making the cut for you?

Agree, though I am liking Bull. So far, Designated Survivor is the best show of the season for me.

Tuesday night's line-up of Bull, bookended by NCIS a and b, is about as good as broadcast TV gets, which isn't saying much.

Also like Madame Secretary, if only for Tea Leoni...

Mostly, if I watch at all, it's PBS. I do miss cable, if only for Through the Wormhole, but I don't miss the $150/mo TV bill...

DW and I are enjoying The Good Place. Honestly, I haven't sampled any of the other new Fall shows.

Tuesday night's line-up of Bull, bookended by NCIS a and b, is about as good as broadcast TV gets, which isn't saying much.

Also like Madame Secretary, if only for Tea Leoni...

Mostly, if I watch at all, it's PBS. I do miss cable, if only for Through the Wormhole, but I don't miss the $150/mo TV bill...

Sling and PlayStation Vue are good substitutes for cable. $20-$40 range. And here's another one coming soon......

DirecTV NOW Will Give You 100+ Channels for $35 a Month - Cord Cutters News

The only new show besides PBS or streaming that I like is This Is Us, but I'm afraid it's going to get too much for me at some point. Every scene is meant to be touching and often is, but seems a bit too much.

So far have decided against All of Us, Notorious and Falling Water...

Bull has been a bit better... and might continue if nothing else comes...

Like Designated Survivor.... the best so far... also like Conviction...

Some new ones coming out soon... so the list of the other ones might or might not change... some, like Bull, depends on what else is there.... they include Frequency, Lethal Weapon, and Timeless.... Frequency and Timeless are similar, where history is changed and you go back to see what changed... I see lots of holes in both, but it is entertainment so I cannot be totally against the holes....

I finally took time to watch an episode of MacGyver and it was okay but didn't "hook" me. I may watch another episode and see if I like it better.

Last night I watched my first episode of Bull (series episode 3 - Unambiguous) and it definitely "hooked" me. I will certainly watch another episode and see if the series remains interesting.

On a related note... a friend recently gave us a hand-me-down TiVo box and it has changed the way we watch television. Now my fear is when we travel in the RV (without TiVo) we will not enjoy television because we'll have to sit through all the commercials.

Back
Top Bottom