LeatherneckPA

Recycles dryer sheets
Only 217 calendar days to go. 103 working days. Finding it harder and harder to get motivated to go to work. But all the ducks are lined up, the t's are crossed, and the i's are dotted. (Except for the hit TSP has taken in the last three months!!)

Work's not making it any easier either. New Warden thinks he's a grammar teacher with a sense of humor. Fortunately for me I write very well, but it's still stressful waiting to see if he kicks something back and why. Great Captain just retired and the new one is the Warden's "boy". And as of last week we now have to be screened by both x-ray and metal detector to enter the joint. The x-ray is only for things that won't clear the metal detector. Minor annoyance is all it is, but it's an annoyance I don't feel like putting up with at this point in my career. The 80 minute drive is starting to take it's toll, especially at the current gas prices.

And then there are all the things I WANT to do at home that I never seem to have the time for.

Thank goodness for my countdown and my sick leave.

Hang in there, LeatherneckPA! I just RE'd, and the last few months of w*rk were absolutely the pits. But the time will pass, and once you are retired, these next few weeks will seem just like a (bad) dream.
Your j*b does sound particularly awful for you right now, do you have to wait out the entire 217 days? Can you bail a little earlier?
Oops, don't listen to me...>:D

Hi Leatherneck

Looks like I'm in a similar situation to you. Down to less than a year, and it's shaping up to be a looooong one. Each day get a lettle less interested in w*rk and a little more bored. Know what you mean about difficult bosses. When our manager is there, I hear every word he says even when he's not talking to me. Fortunately, he travels a lot.

Hang in there, each day brings you a little closer to freedom.

103, piece of cake! Just spend that commute daydreaming about all the things you'll get to do once you are free! But hey, I bet you know the term "short-timer" anyway! >:D

Congrats on having an end-date--I only wish! And you'll be out in time to enjoy planting a fall crop in the garden.

Rocketdog--I love your Border Collie avatar! Frisbee dog maybe?

2804 working days left here.

2Cor521

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom