anyone use Scott's Cheap Flights?

steady saver

Recycles dryer sheets
I just heard about a service that was formerly called Scott's Cheap Flights, now called "Going"
It's a membership service that alerts you to cheap airfare deals. There are different membership levels according to whether you are looking for economy seats or first class.

Has anyone used it and if so, what do you think?

I just heard about a service that was formerly called Scott's Cheap Flights, now called "Going"
It's a membership service that alerts you to cheap airfare deals. There are different membership levels according to whether you are looking for economy seats or first class.

Has anyone used it and if so, what do you think?

I can't imagine any situation where I could use such a service. It does sound interesting. Hope it w*rks for many here.

Ive used their free service for years and have a travel agent friend that recommends them as well. There are many such sites that offer similar services i subscribe to (free versions). I paid for one year on one and didn’t find much value. Living in Atlanta Delta tends to crush competition so positioning flights are usually required for the best ones.

I haven't, but the friends that introduced me to it went on 1-2 international trips a year mostly using Scott's Cheap Flights, so I plan on trying it once I'm fully retired!

I've subscribed to the free version for a few years, but I've never ended up using them. They tell you where you can go for the least amount of money right now; but what I need is how to get to the place we've already decided to go for the least amount of money.

I've subscribed to the free version for a few years, but I've never ended up using them. They tell you where you can go for the least amount of money right now; but what I need is how to get to the place we've already decided to go for the least amount of money.

Exactly the same experience for me.

Followed using free version. Never used for flights. May be some value but I never found much.

I might just try the free version for a while. I'm not known for "last minute" but we do have a list of places we'd like to go to and we're thinking we'd like to challenge ourselves to being a bit more flexible/adventuresome. So who knows? May be helpful, may not.

I had a paid membership for over a year. Waste of money. Never found anything to bite on. Most of the "deals" were flights with 2 or more stops and/or crazy long layovers.

I paid for it this year. My thought was that we would be spontaneous and grab a good deal to wherever. However, DH's deciding not to retire has put a crimp in that plan!

DW has had a paid membership for several years. Every once in a while a deal comes up that easily makes it worthwhile. Currently on a trip where we snagged a great RT deal on Qatar business class, ATL-Doha-Singapore (We are very flexible on our US international hubs, which helps. We also retired to travel ....)

DW has had a paid membership for several years. Every once in a while a deal comes up that easily makes it worthwhile. Currently on a trip where we snagged a great RT deal on Qatar business class, ATL-Doha-Singapore (We are very flexible on our US international hubs, which helps. We also retired to travel ....)

That was kind of my thought. One good tip would pay for it. And our challenge is that we "can" be flexible but we aren't currently traveling b/c something else always is in the way and there's always a fire to put out. I'm trying to come up with ideas that will keep traveling in my field of vision.

BEWARE: Earlier this week I selected the “14 day Free trial” for the upgrade to Elite status. I thought I would try it to see if it was worthwhile. Since they had my credit card on file, they charged me $199. I questioned them and was just told that you only get 1 free trial per person, which I used before I signed up for the premium. I read the details before selecting the free trial so this was a complete surprise- especially since they invited me in an email for the free trial.

I will let you know if they honor their word. Otherwise, I will dispute it through my credit card.

I have subscribed (free version) for years, last deal we took advantage of was Ord to Lisbon on Lufthansa for $750 rt for 2 this past march.

No, but we use a few others for last minute flights, cruises, AI's, hotel offers etc.

Our first trip to Thailand was booked 9 or 10 days before departure. $575 USD air return. Mid January. We liked it so much we returned for five successive snowbird winters.

We have picked up last minute cruises in Australia, Europe, and Caribbean. Ditto for flights to Europe. Plus last minute Mexico AI's We often look at web sights in other countries. Our last three AI's in Mexico were booked on line through a UK TA that we use fairly frequently.

We live in Canada and tend to either travel to Europe, SE Asia, or Mexico/Costa Rica. We use a web site that gives us updates on great air from the two or three airports that we use.
Booked to Portugal last June based on notification of good air. Just booked air to Morocco two weeks ago based on report from one of these sights.

We are retired and travel frequently. We downsized to a lock and leave so we are up for anything that hits either of our bucket lists, looks interesting, or is too good of a deal to walk away from to a place that we like or think we may like.

Would we pay for the service? No...because up till now, for the past 12 years or so there have been lots of other 'heads ups'.

Last edited:
Update: They refunded my $199 “free trial” fee. I was pleased, but not happy with the misleading information which was frustrating and a waste of my time. I am back down to premium level, but will not renew after expiration.

Back
Top Bottom