Blow That Dough! -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did you get that price?
The best I can do is BOGO at Publix.

Ralph's had them for $2.50 each. I had bought 5 of them a few days ago for $12.50, and was issued a coupon for $2.50 off my next purchase (could have been anything). I bought my 5 and used the coupon making it $12.50 - $2.50 = $10. I was issued another coupon, and without leaving the store went back and bought 5 more. I got a third coupon but couldn't repeat it a third time as my freezer had no room. I saved the third coupon for a purchase down the road.

One pound of Bluefin Tuna;

Yeah, I'm a show off - :)

Seriously, this fish is better than what you get at the sushi bar. And no covid to worry about!

Finally, you made me break down and place a $300 order myself :D

Sadly, they were all out of uni - I guess it's not urchin season...

BTD

The Uni goes really fast. I was lucky enough a couple of times to get the live ones. A lotta work, but incomparable flavor!

You're in for a real treat! Catalina has never let me down.

Wow, I have to try this! The liqueur and the eggs remind me of my favorite home made eggnog recipe (European style, with 20% alcohol and less sugar). But I am wondering, does anyone have experience with these ice cream making machines? Seems in these Covid times :hide:, this may be a worthwhile investment :cool:

Yes! I had one for years - it was part of the truckloads of things that got sold when we went full time in the RV.

The old ice cream maker was awesome and easy, and it wasn’t even a quality one. I imagine they work even better now. I need to buy one. Nothing better than home made custard ice cream, to me.

Two e-bikes arrived via Fedex a few days ago. It took about 3 hours to do final assembly and adjust the disk brakes. These are Ride1UP series 500 bikes. Priced at about $1200 each, they have components and build quality of much higher priced e-bikes. The company is based in LaJolla, and the bikes are built in Sparks, NV. Beginning today, there is no such thing as a headwind or hill in my riding vocabulary.

Nice! I can see picking up a couple of these in the near future.

Two e-bikes arrived via Fedex a few days ago. It took about 3 hours to do final assembly and adjust the disk brakes. These are Ride1UP series 500 bikes. Priced at about $1200 each, they have components and build quality of much higher priced e-bikes. The company is based in LaJolla, and the bikes are built in Sparks, NV. Beginning today, there is no such thing as a headwind or hill in my riding vocabulary.
Very nice, could you let us know how they work for you? I am in the market for DW.

One pound of Bluefin Tuna;

50937379896_2ec2e260d1_o.jpg

Tekka & Kappa Maki;

50937379601_d148748e25_o.jpg

Yeah, I'm a show off - :)

Seriously, this fish is better than what you get at the sushi bar. And no covid to worry about!
Very good looking piece of medium toro!

That is great. I am glad you found a solution. I was tempted to suggest cypress, since you are in FLA, but that would probably be outrageously expensive. Poplar should serve your needs.

I'm making progress, I have the exterior covered, the insulation installed, the conduit and wiring run. My upper vent cut and have the lower vent boxed in. I got all the Poplar cut to size, so after I get the Infra Red vapor barrier installed, I can start on the interior walls. I found a Sauna heater on the Marketplace, I paid $50 for it, not tested, but that included the rocks. Ordering just the rocks would run more than $50. When I got home I found the thermostat was not working, but I found one on Ebay for $70.

I had a mandatory work stoppage this afternoon, the Daytona 500 is on.:dance:

In a rain delay now, may go back out and get something done.

I'm making progress, I have the exterior covered, the insulation installed, the conduit and wiring run. My upper vent cut and have the lower vent boxed in. I got all the Poplar cut to size, so after I get the Infra Red vapor barrier installed, I can start on the interior walls. I found a Sauna heater on the Marketplace, I paid $50 for it, not tested, but that included the rocks. Ordering just the rocks would run more than $50. When I got home I found the thermostat was not working, but I found one on Ebay for $70.

I had a mandatory work stoppage this afternoon, the Daytona 500 is on.:dance:

In a rain delay now, may go back out and get something done.

If you get that heater working for <$150 or so, that is a STEAL. I paid a grand!

Wow, I have to try this! The liqueur and the eggs remind me of my favorite home made eggnog recipe (European style, with 20% alcohol and less sugar). But I am wondering, does anyone have experience with these ice cream making machines? Seems in these Covid times :hide:, this may be a worthwhile investment :cool:

I have a Donvier ice cream maker. It consists of an aluminum insert that some type of freezable liquid in it. One freezes the insert 24 hour ahead time, minimum. Make the ice cream custard. Take the insert out of the freezer and put into the maker. pour in custard. Turn handle every 30 seconds to start and then about every minute or two. In 20-30 minutes you have ice cream. No need to mess with salt solutions, etc.

https://www.serving-ice-cream.com/donvier-ice-cream-maker.html

If you get that heater working for <$150 or so, that is a STEAL. I paid a grand!

Ya I do have a concern though, I was shopping for a 3kW unit and got a 5.2kW unit. I may have to throttle it back, on the other hand I have read a lot of posts on r/sauna of people not being able to get a high enough temperature, I don't expect that problem. It has two 2.6kW heating elements, if needed I can find a work around. At least it will be a quick warm up! Got most of my IR barrier installed this morning, one more small piece and the ceiling, and I'll start nailing wood to the walls. The last hurdle will be the door. I bought a 24" door with casing for $10 at Habitat for humanity. I expected to put a window in the inset panel, but then I realized the door it to tall and the inset panel is to long, so I can't just cut the top and bottom. I suspect I'll donate it back :angel:

Beautiful car ShokWaveRider!!

Super nice car shockwave. My sister and brother-in-law had a 69 MGB GT. I have no idea what happened to it. I remember it was fun it had that electric two speed.
Funny story: my high school age brother borrowed it one night for a date. brother-in-law gave him all sorts of crap the next day about the footprint on the inside of the windshield!

My new Apple iPhone 12 arrived this morning! This will be a nice upgrade from my old 6s plus. It’s been a breeze setting it up, apple sure makes it easy.

Ya I do have a concern though, I was shopping for a 3kW unit and got a 5.2kW unit. I may have to throttle it back, on the other hand I have read a lot of posts on r/sauna of people not being able to get a high enough temperature, I don't expect that problem. It has two 2.6kW heating elements, if needed I can find a work around. At least it will be a quick warm up! Got most of my IR barrier installed this morning, one more small piece and the ceiling, and I'll start nailing wood to the walls. The last hurdle will be the door. I bought a 24" door with casing for $10 at Habitat for humanity. I expected to put a window in the inset panel, but then I realized the door it to tall and the inset panel is to long, so I can't just cut the top and bottom. I suspect I'll donate it back :angel:

I wouldn't be concerned! Mine is a 7 kW.

My butt and back appreciates the $400 (tax included) I spent on a Workpro 12000 office chair at Office Depot. It is similar to the Aeron by Herman Miller except not quite blowing that kinda of dough.

Thanks to hearing about them on another thread on this site, I splurged and spent $24 on my first pair of Darn Tough™ socks. They arrived via UPS this afternoon.
I know $24 is not all that much in this thread but never in my life would I have imagined spending $24 on a single pair of socks.
Ya gotta start somewhere, right?
(DW already has a '77 MGB) :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom