Blow that Dough 2024

It will take less time to count my money now!! Lol

Last edited:
We’
We're a week away and cringing... We did rent a room in someone's house in Lauterbrunnen, so we can spend more on the rest of the trip. 😉
That’s one way to keep costs down. :)

We opted for a hotel in Lauterbrunnen and Airbnbs elsewhere. Cost-wise it comes out about the same.

Eating out is expensive. There are ways to make it less expensive, but we’re ok for the convenience and experience.

And then there’s the trains. Glad we opted for the half fare card. I wasn’t sure at first if it’d be cost effective, but we’ve used it a lot, with the biggest savings for Jungfrau. If you’re traveling by train, then I highly recommend installing the SBB Mobile app. It’s been great for checking out timetables and buying tickets along the way.

Have fun!

Nice truck....not the hybrid version I take it?
Thanks aja, no it isn't and one reason why I didn't get one is because I wanted all wheel drive and the towing package. They don't make them but in two-wheel drive.

That is pretty amazing you are getting 35 MPG on a non-hybrid version with AWD. I think that is a great looking truck.
It is vey good. If not familiar with them they have different modes to use in different conditions. I have only used ECO mode (4 cylinder) and 95% of my driving is Hwy miles.

The truck was ordered, and it is as plain as you can order and the only option, I got was the 4K towing.

Thanks

We’

That’s one way to keep costs down. :)

We opted for a hotel in Lauterbrunnen and Airbnbs elsewhere. Cost-wise it comes out about the same.

Eating out is expensive. There are ways to make it less expensive, but we’re ok for the convenience and experience.

And then there’s the trains. Glad we opted for the half fare card. I wasn’t sure at first if it’d be cost effective, but we’ve used it a lot, with the biggest savings for Jungfrau. If you’re traveling by train, then I highly recommend installing the SBB Mobile app. It’s been great for checking out timetables and buying tickets along the way.

Have fun!
We will have a car for 80% of the time. Germany, France, Switzerland and then drop the car in Salzburg. Last 4-5 days, local transport. We've driven other countries but for some reason I feel this trip may be more complex. We'll see.

Yeah HFC is definitely a must unless you don't plan to go anywhere. But even a few 3-4 hour train rides and the HFC almost pays for itself.

And ditto on the SBB app, it's the best setup, you can literally search a route in real time and make last minute decisions, choose where to go or what to see on spur of the moment. Really worked best in Interlaken where you could go on ferry, cable car or cog wheel train depending on which one was coming up next.

Back
Top Bottom