Blow That Dough! -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. this could almost accidentally turn in to a "keeping up with joneses" thread:LOL: even though that's the opposite of how almost all of us got here.
I really don’t see this happening as folks here are too busy doing their own thing to pay attention to what the Jones’s are doing. However it definitely seems to inspire a few to loosen the purse strings a bit.

Getting ready for our (used to be annual) trek to the mainland. Job ONE when I return - getting rid of the last picture-tube type TV. NOT looking forward to hauling it out to the curb for pick up. It was heavy when I carried it in 30 years ago. Now, I can't lift it. Hope I can borrow a hand truck. It' must weigh 90 pounds and nothing to hold onto. DW can't help. Good news - if I drop it, no problem.:LOL: Already BTD replacing it, but couldn't seem to work up the courage (and back muscles) to deal with the old carcass.

BTD on having a hauler come haul it away for you! No reason to risk your back or knees on something that physically awkward and heavy. :)

$6.3K to replace our Sleep Number mattress. We bought our top of the line SN 3.5 years ago. Purchased the split bed and dislike it intensely as the 'cuddle factor' is a 1 rather than 10. So today we dropped $6.3K to purchase a partial split mattress...the bottom foot portion is one piece and the top is separate to allow individual head positions. So our new bead cost us $16.3K :facepalm:...ouch.

$6.3K to replace our Sleep Number mattress. We bought our top of the line SN 3.5 years ago. Purchased the split bed and dislike it intensely as the 'cuddle factor' is a 1 rather than 10. So today we dropped $6.3K to purchase a partial split mattress...the bottom foot portion is one piece and the top is separate to allow individual head positions. So our new bead cost us $16.3K :facepalm:...ouch.
Yeah that's one expensive bed but definitely qualifies you for this thread:LOL:

My BIL-SIL got a new sleep number, 12 grand!

You're my hero on BTD.6.3k for a mattress is awesome!

If it’s used for years and provides comfortable sleep, it’s well worth the dough.

Our RV came with a sleep number bed. Threw it in the trash and got a regular mattress. Had no idea they were so expensive. Seemed like an air mattress to me.

I can't even imagine spending anywhere near that much on a bed. We have bought king sized memory foam mattresses from Foam Distributing (.com) for years. They last easily 5 years and the very best King one you can get from there was $570 last time we ordered. Free shipping.

Still sleeping on my Serta Cal King after 35 years still solid and best sleep I've ever had. Cannot possibly image replacing it.

Still sleeping on my Serta Cal King after 35 years still solid and best sleep I've ever had. Cannot possibly image replacing it.

This is just wrong....go buy a new bed...:dance:

15 years ago we bought a sleep number king for 3k. It’s still comfortable and perfect. Best bed I ever had. We got divorced and my ex got the bed. I wanted a queen where the head elevates so when my asthma kicks up I can sleep elevated. That was $3500 on sale. Both beds were middle of the road in quality. My chiropractor has one that’s 22 years old.

Wow beds have really come a long way.

They advertise all the time so figured it would be pricey.

Expensive mattresses are firm.

But can you just cut down a sheet of 4'x8' plywood or particle board to make a bed? It surely is firmer than anything you can buy. :angel:

Expensive mattresses are firm.

But can you just cut down a sheet of 4'x8' plywood or particle board to make a bed? It surely is firmer than anything you can buy. :angel:

Yeah. But with the price of lumber, that might cost more than the expensive mattress :D.

The Day we spend that kinda dough on a mattress Hell will freeze over and the Devil will learn to Ice Skate. :) We sleep just fine and always have done on a regular mattress, cuddle factor is a 10.

Funny bed story about sleep number. We have the entry level because our farm stairway doesn't have clearance for a king size box spring.

Replaced the main bed in about 2015. Was able to order just a top since the bottoms are plastic and last forever. Paid standard shipping charge.

Wanted to replace the spare bedroom with a sleep number. Bought a euro type bed frame and tried on line to buy the top only. May of 2020. The shipping was now 399 dollars the "deluxe" shipping charge, where they bring it into your house set it up and haul away the old bed. Except due to Covid that was cancelled and they would drop the bed outside your doorstep. Went to chat and complained they were ripping off their customers and making extra money off Covid. Ask for the regular shipping charge which is about a 100 bucks. They would not do it.

Spent half the sleep number money on a mid range bed in a box and it's a fantastic mattress. We've bought our last Sleep number.

We've just ordered a bed-in-a-box, the Helix Midnight Luxe. Online only, but gets good reviews for the type of bed we want.

We'll have 100 nights to try it and free returns if it doesn't work out. It was our #1 pick after lots of searching, but we have several also-rans to cycle through and play goldilocks if it comes to it, with no risk as all the on-lines do the 100 night thing now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom