Blow That Dough! -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for starting the new thread.

Welp, that's kind of annoying "closing" the other one though. I wanted to quote something someone had posted and now the software doesn't let you. Oh well.

Welp, that's kind of annoying "closing" the other one though. I wanted to quote something someone had posted and now the software doesn't let you. Oh well.

Why not quote it from there and post it here?

Since the other thread closed I'll repost here.

We bought a cabin :cool:

That's wonderful! Congratulations. Are you able to share some details about the cabin?

Cabin sounds cool, and expensive too! Good going - :)

Yeah where is it and can you fish close by?

That's wonderful! Congratulations. Are you able to share some details about the cabin?

Cabin sounds cool, and expensive too! Good going - :)

Yeah where is it and can you fish close by?

It's 50 minutes from home on a large lake, not lakefront but lakeview about 300 yards from the beach. It's only 760 sq ft but laid out very well. We got a good deal as it's been vacant for a few years (elderly owner) but it's in great shape. As a bonus, one of my friends and bandmates has the place next door and knows some of the history and even the person that built it.

I don't fish :)

Fishing or not, being that close to the lake sounds wonderful!

well, i bought it in 2020 and the thread locked yesterday. It's and Emerald Guitar made in Ireland. I can only compare it to my high end taylors. The 4 Taylors are in the closet forever, the X20 is that good. unfortunately, Taylor has flooded the market with a buy one get one so my closet will stay full for a few years. This x20 cost me $2300 delivered in 7 days. It takes 4 months to have one custom made, which i do plan on doing.

Attachments

• X20 Amber (Ele) 5971_2-llll1.jpg
    X20 Amber (Ele) 5971_2-llll1.jpg
    576.7 KB · Views: 145
We are remodeling the bathroom and signing up for a 2022 Grand Canyon Raft Trip (the full Monte).

well, i bought it in 2020 and the thread locked yesterday. It's and Emerald Guitar made in Ireland. I can only compare it to my high end taylors. The 4 Taylors are in the closet forever, the X20 is that good. unfortunately, Taylor has flooded the market with a buy one get one so my closet will stay full for a few years. This x20 cost me $2300 delivered in 7 days. It takes 4 months to have one custom made, which i do plan on doing.

Beautiful, Kitesurfer - now I do have to google the brand.

Beautiful guitar and a reasonable price too.

Taylor has a buy one get one deal?

I'm already trying to psych myself into springing for 1st class airfare when we are next able to return to the mainland for a sabbatical from Paradise. We missed last summer, so figure maybe we can blow that dough this year. It will be difficult - even though we can afford it. I guess we'll see - watch these pages as YMMV.

Ordered a new car:

IMG_3140.jpgIMG_3144.JPG

A 2021 BMW 540i xDrive.

Dashman makes me miss my BMW 3 series M. Great cars and mine had all maintenance included for 4 years 50,000 miles. Never had an issue with it, great reliability. Miss Heads up display. But moved on to an SUV....

Wow! You might be blowing more on it in the future as well!!

Time will tell. Warranty is good for four years, maintenance for three.
We recently got hit with an expensive repair on my DW’s 2012 MB C300 for rust on the frame. Wouldn’t pass state inspection. Turned us off to MB because the car had been garaged since it was new. At least BMW warrants corrosion for ten years.

I see a new Apple Watch series 6 in my future, plus an iPad Air for workout videos.

Time will tell. Warranty is good for four years, maintenance for three.
We recently got hit with an expensive repair on my DW’s 2012 MB C300 for rust on the frame. Wouldn’t pass state inspection. Turned us off to MB because the car had been garaged since it was new. At least BMW warrants corrosion for ten years.
Are they still requiring a monthly paid subscription to use CarPlay? That really tee’d me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom