Blow that Dough 2024

Just picked up three bottles of scotch, averaging out to about $177 a bottle, more than I usually pay...but one of them is JW Blue Label, normally about $250, and the other two are Compass Box Art & Decadence, which are usually around $200 each.

Should I bring a flask to the next DC meetup? I don't think the venue would appreciate it! LOL

The stealership wanted 7% interest to finance. We just saved up and wrote them a check for it. That felt nice. :cool:

I try to get the dealership to take a CC (for as much as they will accept.) Last car I bought (a used one in '17) the dealer took $5K on my CC. Nice cash back. :cool:

Just picked up three bottles of scotch, averaging out to about $177 a bottle, more than I usually pay...but one of them is JW Blue Label, normally about $250, and the other two are Compass Box Art & Decadence, which are usually around $200 each.

Should I bring a flask to the next DC meetup? I don't think the venue would appreciate it! LOL
I'm a bourbon guy who started with scotch. If I go that route I prefer the real peaty single malts. Scapa was my favorite.

cheers. :beers:

The stealership wanted 7% interest to finance. We just saved up and wrote them a check for it. That felt nice. :cool:
congratulations. I bought a car for my daughter last year and took advantage of the 1% Hyundai was offering. It did feel very cool to be in a position to write a check. Lots of hard work to get there.

My son is next in line and toyota is offering 3.9% for 3 or 4 years, which is the same as I'm getting in my discover savings account, so I'll probably finance this one too and hold onto my money.

Super Bowl in Vegas, baby!

$3k/night at Wynn, $3,200 1st Class airfare, $10k for a ticket…oh wait. The Lions lost? Never mind.

Plus if you’re going to SB, you’re splurging on dining and entertainment, right?

That is the nights before game day?

^^^ Awesome truck purchase! I want me one, but wouldn't fit in my garage. So, next BTD is gonna be a big ole barn/garage to put me toys in.

That sounds epic.

Hopefully. Most likely our last many city hopping trip. I prefer a bit slower, but there are several sites on our wish to visit list and we’re motivated to do it.

Still 3 or more nights each location so not bad. Trains in between except for Normandy.

Last edited:
A first for me.
I just ordered a 2024 F-150, 4x4, single cab, long bed configuration. Estimated 3-4 months til delivery.

This will replace my 1988 F-150 that I have owned since 1990.

I’m a single malt scotch guy. I keep it below $100/bottle. I like Balvenie 12 yr Doublewood. Unfortunately here in Florida it’s over $100 at about $118. I splurged and got it anyway. In Pennsylvania it’s usually $97.

congratulations!

If I might ask, why build? couldn't you find what you wanted in inventory?

The single cab, 1/2 ton, 4x4, long bed configuration is not popular.
The dealer did a state wide search and found nothing in inventory, and there was no extra charge to order one.

I’m a single malt scotch guy. I keep it below $100/bottle. I like Balvenie 12 yr Doublewood. Unfortunately here in Florida it’s over $100 at about $118. I splurged and got it anyway. In Pennsylvania it’s usually $97.
Excellent choice, I've got one of those open in my bar right now!

To be honest, I'm not sure either of these are twice as good as the Balvenie Doublewood, but at these prices I figured I should indulge myself, and either find new favorites or confirm that I prefer the cheaper choice drams.

The single cab, 1/2 ton, 4x4, long bed configuration is not popular.
The dealer did a state wide search and found nothing in inventory, and there was no extra charge to order one.

Single cab longbed is more like a fleet truck order. Seems most personal buyers want the extended or crew cab configurations. One thing interesting is the single cab are V8 power. Maybe Ford has more confidence in the V8 over the Ecoboost V6 in fleet applications?

If you want to put some extra hp in that truck, check out the 700 hp supercharged options here, they will do it to your truck even if you don;t buy it from them:
https://www.lebanonfordperformance.com/lfp-sleeper-package/

It's a local Ford dealer near me that builds a lot of the F-150s or Mustangs with the superchargers. Approx $9500 or more, but you end up with Hellcat power levels.

Single cab longbed is more like a fleet truck order. Seems most personal buyers want the extended or crew cab configurations. One thing interesting is the single cab are V8 power. Maybe Ford has more confidence in the V8 over the Ecoboost V6 in fleet applications?

If you want to put some extra hp in that truck, check out the 700 hp supercharged options here, they will do it to your truck even if you don;t buy it from them:
https://www.lebanonfordperformance.com/lfp-sleeper-package/

It's a local Ford dealer near me that builds a lot of the F-150s or Mustangs with the superchargers. Approx $9500 or more, but you end up with Hellcat power levels.

I see, blow the engine and blow the dough. ;)
Very cool, but I’m in California so it’s a no go with CARB compliance.
It is impressive how much power they get out of the 2.7 and 3.5L EB engines.
The 2.7L is base on the 4x4’s with the 3.5L EB and the 5.0L NA as optional upgrades, I opted for the 5.0L.
The dealer had several 2WD’s on the lot with the 2.7L and an extra cab with the 5.0L, I didn’t drive the 3.5L.
Thanks, I will keep that in mind if I move out of state.

I know it’s the blow that dough thread but that price is way too high. I see Florida online stores showing $70.

https://www.craftspiritsxchange.com/the-balvenie-12-years-double-wood-750ml.html

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom