Class of 2022

Good luck to you all. It has been almost our 1st full year in R. What a busy year it was: Moved from Virginia to Boerne, Tx and settled inn. Went to Vegas; Mexico, and now heading overseas for 2.5 months on 5 Dec. What a year��. Life is much better in this part of the journey. No more stress except the stress one puts on themselves lol. Enjoy ya’ll!

Add me to that list. Gave notice today and my last day will be 12/30/2022. Even though I’ve crunched all the numbers 6 ways from Sunday, with all the economic uncertainty, inflation, possible recession, etc. it seems like I’m free diving off a cliff and can’t really tell how deep the water is below, LOL! However, today was like a weight lifted off my shoulders and I’m feeling really good about this jump. Happy to join the class!

Add me to that list. Gave notice today and my last day will be 12/30/2022. Even though I’ve crunched all the numbers 6 ways from Sunday, with all the economic uncertainty, inflation, possible recession, etc. it seems like I’m free diving off a cliff and can’t really tell how deep the water is below, LOL! However, today was like a weight lifted off my shoulders and I’m feeling really good about this jump. Happy to join the class!

Congrats! I'm 9 weeks in and did all the number crunching that you probably did. Best decision of my life. The market will go up and down, but just keep reminding yourself that you don't need ALL of your money all at once - just a little bit at a time. You've made a great decision!

Been retired 6 months as of tomorrow (my last day of work was June 1). It’s taken me a little while to find my groove, but it’s been great overall.

I now go to the YMCA 5 mornings a week (when I’m home) and joined Weight Watchers, to really focus on my health. Doing the doctors appointments I’ve put off and seeing a chiropractor and have a MRI for my knee pain. We have had a few very sad deaths for me (people our age) as well as two friends who both developed dementia in their mid 60’s. I don’t know what the future holds for me, but I want to do all I can to make it as good as possible.

Been traveling about once a month, for a long weekend and some 1 and 2 week trips.

I am going to do some part time work January through May. Mostly done remotely. I told them I do water aerobics every morning so can’t do anything until 11 and that I’m gone one week a month….they didn’t care.

I want to do a little work because I really didn’t retire because I hated the work….I retired because I didn’t like the restrictions of working (like being at work by 8 and not taking vacations during the school year). I actually liked my job.

I also want to do a little work because dh and I can’t come to agreement on whether or not to withdraw funds from our retirement accounts, given they’ve gone down in value. This is rather atypical of us, because we usually can come to consensus on anything and have really only had two arguments in 31 years of marriage. So I want some extra funds for travel. When we discussed salary I asked for what I thought was a high amount and they agreed. Then, the supervisor came back and said they’d rather pay me the way the current person doing the job was paid (you know Human Resources and payroll….they like consistency). Well, that is double what I asked for! I tried to explain that to the supervisor and she laughed and said, this is how the admin want to do it, so let them. I almost feel guilty…..almost.

I am anticipating this part time work will be the best of both worlds.

So grateful to be retired!

As we wind the year down, CONGRATULATIONS to all in the class of 2022!

I had an interesting opportunity arise at the end of last year that extended into OMY, so I will be joining the class of 2023.

Best wishes to all!

As we wind the year down, CONGRATULATIONS to all in the class of 2022!

I had an interesting opportunity arise at the end of last year that extended into OMY, so I will be joining the class of 2023.

Best wishes to all!

Yes congratulations to everyone!!

Only 3 months in and loving every single minute of life!
Used to feel unhappy/sick to my stomach Sunday lunch through to Wednesday but those are my favorite days now. I was wishing my days away at work..

Helping DW train for London Marathon, landscape painting in acrylics, house DIY while listening to Strauss (Johann or Richard) hiking, cycling locally, reading, learning to read music for piano, buying US treasury bonds, 5 languages on duolingo, day trips to local cities..and we’re only just getting started.

Don’t delay! Life can’t wait [emoji4]

I have been retired for 9 months. My youngest is a senior in high school and will head off to college next year. I feel that real retirement will kick in once he goes off to college next fall. When people ask me what I do with my time - I tell that I do everything that I used to do at night and on weekends but now I do it during the day when everyone else is working. that is my greatest pleasure - food shopping, holiday shopping, going to the bank when no one else is there.

I have been retired for 9 months. My youngest is a senior in high school and will head off to college next year. I feel that real retirement will kick in once he goes off to college next fall. When people ask me what I do with my time - I tell that I do everything that I used to do at night and on weekends but now I do it during the day when everyone else is working. that is my greatest pleasure - food shopping, holiday shopping, going to the bank when no one else is there.
Enjoy your retirement!!!

Congrats to all the Class of 2022 members!!
Happy New Year!!

OMY for me, didn't make 2022

Congrats to all the Class of 2022 members!! I didn't pull the plug in 2022, bumped myself off the list, and doing OMY.

I turn 55 in 2024, so reconsidering my ER until then, but 2023 is possible as the BS bucket is bubbling.

Happy New Year!!

Last edited:
December 30 was my last day of being employed, will call it retirement I guess, will be workcamping in the future.

It was more of quitting my job cause there was nothing in the way of retirement except my 401k I will be able to draw in 4 years.

we did have a workforce reduction back in November I begged to be put on the list, talked to the boss but he said the list was pre determined and he had no say , I told him I was saving him a missing body, the work force reduction involved my group losing 2 people with a decent package offered to them, I got nothing.... the group did lose a total of 6 people , 3 jumped ship for other jobs, I retired...

We have been planning this day for at least 8 years.
Wife is sending her "I'm not coming back to work now" she was a USNR activated for the past 7 months, she will stay in the reserves until 60 so we keep the Tri-care.

Sold everything and bought an RV and working my way south.

Back
Top Bottom