Do we need Facebook in ER?

What I find amusing is how everyone is reconnecting with these old "friends" from the past. If they were real friends would you have ever lost contact with them?
I've lost track of friends when they joined the military or went out of state to college, and then never returned to our area.

I even lost track of a girlfriend 'way back when'....she lived in another town quite a few miles away, and her family didn't have a telephone. She usually came to my town about every other weekend or so with her family. Then all of a sudden, without warning, she was gone! I had no idea why or where, and never knew for over 35 years....'til I found her on one of my friend's "friends list". I sent her a message, and we've reconnected and keep in touch almost every day now!

Oh, and I found out that she had abruptly moved to the east coast 'way back when', and that's how we lost touch.

And in our modern mobile society, where folks are always moving from here to there, I've been able to locate friends that have made multiple moves for work, and get reconnected.....and others who have moved have been able to find me, since I've changed my phone number and it's unlisted...and because address books have a tendency to get misplaced/lost during moves.

.......and then a bunch of people I used to sort of know found me. At first it seemed cool, but I don't really have anything to say to any of them, and I feel restricted in what I might post because they are politically and religiously nothing like me.
I used to be that way, then I decided "the heck with it", now I post whatever I want regardless of others opinions. After all, it is MY facebook wall. I don't post anything merely be rude or nasty, but if it is rude or nasty, they're adults and they can just deal with it or ignore it.....it's their choice. And politically, I'm QUITE the opposite of most of my friends!
I haven't defriended a bunch of people so far because it feels somehow rude.
I've [-]dumped[/-] defriended some folks because they became blatantly rude, obnoxious, or argumentative.....I don't behave that way myself, nor do I tolerate it!

I belong and keep up with my family. Not a big problem to check in once in a while and see what is happening. Of course I am an open book on the internet as I have nothing to hide. But I do ignore all friend requests that I want to.
Ditto! I have family and friends flung all over the world, and FB is a great way for us all to stay in touch very easily! All of my friends and family know just about everything about me anyway, so there's not much to hide. And as for friend requests....I ONLY accept request from people that I actually know and that I want to connect with....all others are ignored!

Oh......BTW.....I'm back!!! :greetings10: I don't spend much time online anymore, so I won't be on the forum very much either. I'll fill in the details later.

Cheers!

Well holy cat's perjammers, I'm glad I was online when you posted Goonie! It's great to hear from ya! :greetings10:

Goonie's baaaaccckkkk! yayyy!

Where ya been and whatcha been up to?

R

Thanks!

Well, I spent all last summer and much of the fall out in the gardens (my favorite outdoor hobby)...some of it workin', but most of it loafin' and sipping lemonade! The rest of the fall we went to Bluegrass Festivals, then in December we spent a week in Nashville at Gaylord's Opryland Resort for their Christmas shows (all front row seats....including the Oakridge Boys Christmas dinner & concert, and the 'meet & greet' beforehand) and festivities....and FOOD!!!

We hibernated through January, then in February spent a few days in Jacksonville Beach, FL, and then a couple weeks in Ormond Beach, FL....then almost a week in Nashville at the Opryland Resort again. We were home for a week, and then went to a 3 day Bluegrass Festival in Schaumburg, IL ( a northwest 'burb of Chicago). Got home from that last Sunday....the 1st day of Spring....and did some garden clean-up, and planted a couple different mesclun mixes...which started sprouting up Friday (the 25th)!!!

In my free time...what little that there's been....I've been tinkering with my model railroad empire! My favorite indoor hobby!
:D

Good deal Goonie! Sounds like you are enjoying life. What could be better?

R

I have one guy who has my address from my high school reunion list. I keep getting requests for updates. They have a reunion planned for October when I am in Mexico. I had no contact with this friend after he flunked and dropped out of HS. It turns out he returned and graduated 3 years later. I think I made the right decision all those years ago!

They have a reunion planned for October when I am in Mexico.
Holy cow, what did you do at the last reunion that made them take these steps to avoid having you attend the next one?!?

Good to hear from you Goonie. It sounds like you have been enjoying yourself!

Holy cow, what did you do at the last reunion that made them take these steps to avoid having you attend the next one?!?
Well it was 25 years ago when I worked in the city where the school is located. Plus I think the organizers had their own agenda (buncha whippersnappers)!

Back
Top Bottom