FI on the down low???

audreyh1 said:
Aren't we "allowed" just to enjoy doing something we are good at without having to figure out how to turn it into a money-making operation?
No, if you're not working like dogs for money then you're supposed to do it for charity...

I don't get it either. Kant must've been a real wild man at parties.

Andre 1969-

Quick question- the "Uncle Ned" you referenced brought back to mind an old junk shop we used to visit years ago. Just wondering if that was your reference?

Jane :)

Working for a company is not necessarily productive. All you cube farmers and farmettes know this, if you're honest. In your heart, you know this "stuff" you do is not needed and will be forgotten 15 minutes after you walk out of the door. I mean, consider any level three manager in any major corporation, what the devil does he/she do that's necessary?

ERs, OTOH, are extremely productive. They use Direct TV, and they fish, and they golf, and surf, and shop,and read, and buy sofas for napping, watch DVDs, exercise, have nooners... I mean the list goes on and on. :D

Yep

If your ER stash is invested - you are an active Capitalist(manager) - even if your best move is to: ala Bogle hurry up and just stand there.

Yesterday was Harry Truman's birthday so the neighbor(teacher) got the day off - her and my step daughter in spare room got to jawing over the fence - she's looking for a new vehicle(3 kids plus a dog) and admired our 2006 Equinox. Step daughter remarked how I won't/rarely drive it. I explained how the 1994 pickup next to it - WITH rusted fender and 247000 miles had waaay more character PLUS the potential opportunity to hitchhike home from someplace exciting should it ever break down and besides the dog can ride up front in bad weather. Fell on deaf ears.

So I went back to mowing the lawn, spreading lawn fertilizer, trans planting a Spruce tree(free from other neighbor), rewiring an electrical outlet and weeding/landscaping/spreading mulch/etc.

Meanwhile - :confused:somewhere:confused: - Valley Forge?? - Vanguard's computers rebalanced their little hearts out in my ER portfolio.

MANAGEMENT WORK IS TOUGH - DOING NOTHING TAKES HARD WORK AND DISCIPLINE!

heh heh heh heh heh heh heh

unclemick2 said:
Yep

I went back to mowing the lawn, spreading lawn fertilizer, trans planting a Spruce tree(free from other neighbor), rewiring an electrical outlet and weeding/landscaping/spreading mulch/etc.

DOING NOTHING TAKES HARD WORK AND DISCIPLINE!

That's doing nothing?

unclemick2 said:
So I went back to mowing the lawn, spreading lawn fertilizer, trans planting a Spruce tree(free from other neighbor), rewiring an electrical outlet and weeding/landscaping/spreading mulch/etc.

UM, you are sounding downright domestic these days. I half expected to see "picking out new curtains' tacked onto that list somewhere.

Jane_Doe said:
Andre 1969-

Quick question- the "Uncle Ned" you referenced brought back to mind an old junk shop we used to visit years ago. Just wondering if that was your reference?

Jane :)

Hi Jane,

I'm not sure where I got the name "Uncle Ned" from. It was just the first name that popped into my mind as some generic relative who might be generous but a little "off" in other ways, and somehow it just seemed to fit. :D

I will definitely consider myself retired effective 06/02/06, even though my DH will still be working. I will have my pension that I could live on if something happened to DH and I carry the family health insurance. I worked in private industry beginning at age 15 and have worked for the fed gov for 32 years, 9 mos, so yes, I will be retiring.

I just received my invitation to my 35th high school reunion in the mail Friday. It stated that it was hard to believe that it has been 35 years since we graduated on 06/02/71. I had not remembered that I graduated on 06/02 and think that it is pretty neat that my early retirement date is 06/02/06! Seems like a good omen. I remember feeling like I was free when I graduated from high school and I feel like I will be free again when I retire!!!

Dreamer

Dreamer said:
I just received my invitation to my 35th high school reunion in the mail Friday. 
Better start practicing now! Qhick, answer these questions with a smile on your face:

"Whaddya DO all day?"
"Don't you get bored?!"
"So, when are you going back to work?"
"Don't you feel sort of, I don't know, unfulfilled?"
"How can you retire so young?!?"

I will definitely have to go back and reread that thread! LOL! :LOL:

Dreamer :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom