FIRE Milestone: the last Sunday of my career

Slow But Steady

Recycles dryer sheets
Dear Friends,

This is a bit of a milestone... the last Sunday that I have to set my alarm for 4:45 to get up and go the plant.

I really like the technical content of my work (advanced process control in a chemical plant) but for the last couple of years I've found I have much less patience for the administrative aspects of the job.

There's plenty of money, and my wife is already retired, so I decided it was time for me to retire as well. So now, at age 62, I'm down to my last week of work.

It's exciting, but a bit scary at the same time. Mostly exciting, though.

I plan to take retirement Slow But Steady, like my user name.

Congratulations!
Very familiar with those Oh-dark-thirty alarm settings from my military days. If you're at all like me, one of the absolute best things about your new life will be the mornings.

Getting up whenever you happen to awake, sitting in the kitchen with the paper and a pot of coffee, watching the commuters outside start their daily grind ...

You're gonna love it!

+1@Braumeister The mornings, the coffee, the paper, your life back ... ain't nothing better. :)

This is a bit of a milestone... the last Sunday that I have to set my alarm for 4:45 to get up and go the plant.

Set the alarm one more time once you have retired. On my very first day retired I set the alarm for the normal w*rk wake-up time and let it wake me. I then shut it off, laughed, and went back to sleep. :LOL:

Dear Friends,

So happy for you! It was the Sunday night feeling that got me Googling, and finding this forum because of it.

The Sunday Night Freedom glow lasted at least two years for me.

Congratulations!!

Post back about your fun. :D

Congrats on the last week, hope it is an easy coasting until the end.

I also have "the last Sunday" which for me was two weeks ago. I am semi-retired and started my 3 days/week part-time July 1st. So no dreading Sunday nights for me, although it sort of transfers to Mon instead. But the dread of three days is a lot better than five.

Back
Top Bottom