For those OMY folks

hakuna matata

Recycles dryer sheets
This article might help put it in perspective. It is a long blog post but well worth reading (actually all of this guys stuff is to be honest). But this one in particular seems appropriate for those people thinking OMY. It helps to see in a graphic form how much time one truly has and this puts it in perspective.

Interesting to me is the days post. My father turns 90 on January 1. So he is at the very end of that chart, all his days are behind him. And he is correct, I probably only have 2-3 more times to see my father :( I just turned 56 in October so I am well over halfway down that chart. Best to really start making each day count!

Just a fun way to look at ones life.

The Tail End - Wait But Why

Wow. I didn't OMY it, but what a link and what a site! I could spend even more time on that site than on this one. God help me.

I've thought about hanging a strand of 400-some beads in my bedroom, a guestimate of how many months I have left to live, and removing one at the end of each month. Or maybe 30-some beads, one for each year left. Either way, it'd be a sobering bit of decor.

Exactly the reason why I retired early. And now, four years later, I have an even small ratio of projected healthy years ahead.

That is why we are busy doing the things we want to do and going to the places we want to see. Our next trip/activity could be our last.

IF we only knew for certain.

Love that site - thanks for sharing. Just what I needed - another place to [-]spend[/-] waste my time on the interwebs. :D

Love that site - thanks for sharing. Just what I needed - another place to [-]spend[/-] waste my time on the interwebs. :D

You are welcome--it is a great site. He does a LOT of research for his blogs and they are well thought out. I stumbled across it last year and have spend/wasted a ton of time there for sure!

I LOVE Wait But Why!!!

That post was a favorite of mine as well. His illustrations are amazing, and his perspective is awesome, on everything from time to procrastination to friendship.
Highly recommend a wander around to his other blog posts.

Good move to post a link to it--didn't occur to me when I read it. Thanks for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom