Golf Talk Tuesdays 2015-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went with graphite shafts on a set of Ping G irons I purchased earlier this year. Seems a perfect fit for my aging swing.

Dawg, what flex did you get the graphite shafts in? I bought a Cobra Max hybrid earlier this year to replace the 4 iron and tried both senior and regular flex. On the simulator, I had the best results with the regular flex. With the senior flex my shots were pulled left and very high.

I went with graphite shafts on a set of Ping G irons I purchased earlier this year. Seems a perfect fit for my aging swing.

I'm still hitting steel shafts on the irons- afraid to change to graphite with unknown results. I should hit them at the range, but I seldom go there anymore. It is a fine line between warming it up and wearing it out.:LOL:

Up in Scottsdale AZ this week and visited the TopGolf facility at Talking Stick Resort, it was a lot of fun. They run a weekday morning special form 9-12, $15 per person for as long as you want in that 3 hour window. They have big circular targets out in the field and the monitor in your bay tells you if/where you hit in the target and gives you the distance for each shot. Great way to practice and have fun with your partner or even by yourself. They have many different games you can select and play and it keeps score for you, just need to relax and hit balls. Will definitely be back.

With the talk above, has anyone ever done a personal WITB on this thread? FWIW

In my OGIO Silencer bag:
CALLAWAY Rogue 10.5° & 3W 15°
MIZUNO CLK Hybrid 3 19°, JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10 & 60.06
EVNROLL ER2
SNELL MTB Black

HI (USGA): 14 unfortunately, (much) higher than many here. I blame my age...

Last edited:
Up in Scottsdale AZ this week and visited the TopGolf facility at Talking Stick Resort, it was a lot of fun. They run a weekday morning special form 9-12, $15 per person for as long as you want in that 3 hour window. They have big circular targets out in the field and the monitor in your bay tells you if/where you hit in the target and gives you the distance for each shot. Great way to practice and have fun with your partner or even by yourself. They have many different games you can select and play and it keeps score for you, just need to relax and hit balls. Will definitely be back.

I went to a Top Golf in Roseville earlier this year. It was a blast! Luxury driving range with games and bar service.

WITB:
Epic 9 degree driver
Epic Strong 3
Mizuno 16 degree hybrid (kind of like my 5 wood)
2-5 Apex hybrids
6-PW Apex irons
Mizuno SW
Odyssey O-Works putter
8 ounce whiskey flask in case of snake bite
One small snake

I've been to the one in Atlanta, lot of fun. Kind of like a bowling alley experience except for golfers. Not too pricey and the food was good. Took my own clubs but was impressed with the cubs furnish at each bay.

WITB:
Epic 9 degree driver
Epic Strong 3
Mizuno 16 degree hybrid (kind of like my 5 wood)
2-5 Apex hybrids
6-PW Apex irons
Mizuno SW
Odyssey O-Works putter
8 ounce whiskey flask in case of snake bite
One small snake
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: (LITERALLY)

WITB (Sun Mountain 4.5 LS):

Callaway fusion driver 10.5’
Mizuno CLK 16’ (set @ 14’)
Cleveland Launcher 18’
Adams A12 OS 4-G
Edel 54’ & 59’
Odyssey White Hot putter w/ SS Fatso grip
Cut Grey
HI=12.6

Last edited:
All Callaway metals so far, interesting.

Callaway Rogue 10.5
Callaway Rogue 3-wood
Ping 3-4-5 Hybrid
Ping g30 irons 6,7,8,9,W,U
Vokey 58 and 54
Old Odyssey white ball, large grip

Play from middle tees 5911 yds at club
Currently 12.9 handicap, but only due to some season ending good scores. 14+ is more accurate.

WITB:
Callaway XR16 10.5 Driver
TaylorMade SLDR 3 and 5 wood
Callaway Big Bertha 4 and 5 hybrid
Ping i200 6-UW Irons
Ping Glide 2 wedges 54 and 58
Ping Sigma Tyne putter
HI 3.1

WITB:
Taylormade M2 9.5* driver
Taylormade RB 13* 3 wood
Adams TL 2 16* 4 wood
Adams TL 19&22* hybrids
Ping G 6-pw
Ping i200 gw
Ping Glide 54&58* wedges
Ping Craz-E putter

Ping G400 SFT set at 9 or so....I never can remember...as low as it goes.
Mizuno CLK 16 hybrid (set lower during summer, 17 with the mud coming)
Mizuno JPX 900 19 hybrid (set at 21 currently)
4-W Ping i500 with recoil shafts
Ping glide 2 wedges 52,56,60
Odyssey putter o-works #7
Currently experimenting with the Wilson DX3 ball....think I like it.

Really thinking about trying the Srixon u85 driving iron....mostly for direction control.

Bought a new waterproof Benross bag on Thursday along with new Clicgear trolley (push cart). Tried the new Ping Fetch+Valor putter, but the putting area in the store was next to useless so I passed.

I went to a Top Golf in Roseville earlier this year. It was a blast! Luxury driving range with games and bar service.

I've been 4 or 5 times in both Austin and Tampa. Had DW's birthday party there last spring... may do mine there this year... lots of fun.

Anybody here tried the Srixon u85 utility iron? I wouldn't mind replacing my low hybrid with an 18 degree u85. Seems like I would get about the same distance but hit it straighter.

Played golf today. First 18 hole round in a month due to not feeling good and bad weather when I did feel ok. Had a stretch where I made 4 birdies in a row and missed a short putt for five in a row. Think I'm going to take more time off as it seems to help my game.

Getting back into golf after 45 years away; planning on getting one of the manual push/pull carts. Opinions on how many wheels? Seems like I've seen lots of preference for 3 over 2, but I would think that 3 might be even more difficult/unstable than 4 (or 2).

I bought a BagBoy Triswivel II last year, I love it and I'd definitely buy another one. It has 3 wheels, and the front one swivels (or locks as needed) - I thought the swiveling wheel was a silly gimmick until I used one myself. It also has a brake, so it doesn't roll away if you're parked on a slope. Pricey at $250 list (now $270?), but I waited for a sale and got mine for $189. Worth every penny to me.

https://bagboycompany.com/triswivel-ii-push-cart-bag-boy-push-cart.html

Last edited:
Getting back into golf after 45 years away; planning on getting one of the manual push/pull carts. Opinions on how many wheels? Seems like I've seen lots of preference for 3 over 2, but I would think that 3 might be even more difficult/unstable than 4 (or 2).

I've only used the 3 wheel models, have both a Clicgear and Sun Mountain, both work well and are stable except for steep side hills. Take a look on craigslist, I picked up an almost brand new Sun Mountain for $50, always see some on there for sale.

All of our pull carts are two wheels. For some reason that I can't explain, I find it much easier to pull than to push. Also, the push carts tend to be a bit bulkier... but there definitely seems to be a preference out there for 3 wheels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom