Golf Talk Tuesdays 2015-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hit 5 greens and shot a 42 after w*rk yesterday, no penalties

:facepalm:

Nice! Are the new grips on?

not yet, I'm getting them Friday

I had one big drive yesterday, I carried the left bunker on 5 (i.e. no draw).

I pared it from a downhill lie in the rough from 90 out. :eek:

Sweet, I can't do that from the white tees. Maybe I need to move up with my wife :) Nice drive!

Crane Creek CC

I think that bunker is 240 carry from the blue tees. You can look on google maps.

Looks like a nice course; lots of elevation changes. The 18th green looks pretty small from above; probably looks even smaller lining up an approach shot from the other side of the water. :eek:

Looks like a nice course; lots of elevation changes. The 18th green looks pretty small from above; probably looks even smaller lining up an approach shot from the other side of the water. :eek:

Beautiful course and very difficult. Yes 18 eats a lot of balls.

Watching Valspar Championship. DeLaet's caddie is a member at my club who I have played with a couple of times. Graham needs to make a few puts!

Watching Valspar Championship. DeLaet's caddie is a member at my club who I have played with a couple of times. Graham needs to make a few puts!

Graham played at bsu and plays crane creek every now and then. Yes he needs to get the flat stick working.

Home course (rating 71.8, slope 131) is finally fully open after the wet winter. Shot two 82's last week. Hit 7 greens one day and only 1 the next. Also, definitely 10 yards longer with the driver, maybe the winter weight/core work is paying off. Told my buddies that I don't want to get too optimistic with the quick start but I did admit that my goal is to get the index back down to 6.0 (currently 8.3). Nothing like making a goal public to keep you focused.

He also needs a good shave.:)

I sort of like his look... but that may because I was "that bearded" a couple of times in my young adult life. In fact, I bet my in-laws really didn't care for that first Christmas photo with DD#1. Anyway, I root for just about any golfer who is gutsy enough to buck the clean-shaven stranglehold on the PGA Tour.

I sort of like his look... but that may because I was "that bearded" a couple of times in my young adult life. In fact, I bet my in-laws really didn't care for that first Christmas photo with DD#1. Anyway, I root for just about any golfer who is gutsy enough to buck the clean-shaven stranglehold on the PGA Tour.

I agree as the vast majority of the pga is so cookie cutter. gets kind of boring.

Heck, for a minute I thought the Taliban had somebody playing on the PGA circuit. I like the clean cut look. Just call me old fashion.

his beard looks a lot like Old Tom Morris' beard

<------ also prefers clean cut look

The good news today - a pair of birdies. The (not unexpected) bad news - I'm still looking for my short game. Way too many 12 footers for par to shoot a good score. Oh well, an 84 this early in the season still is reason to be optimistic.

Played today for the second time this year. Started out with two good shots on a long par four which I parred and then things went downhill from there. Still didn't break 100 which is not bad this early in the year and playing a soaked course with no roll whatsoever.

The good news today - a pair of birdies. The (not unexpected) bad news - I'm still looking for my short game. Way too many 12 footers for par to shoot a good score. Oh well, an 84 this early in the season still is reason to be optimistic.

I had two birdies Saturday and shot a 90. :mad:

Missed two short birdie putts too. Having some issues out of the bunker...

Index is down to a 13.3

Golf is healthier then we think -http://www.golfdigest.com/story/pete-bevacqua-explains-why-golf-isnt-in-the-rough

Shot a 79. :dance: A couple of early birdies offset a couple of double bogies. Tried to give things away at the end, but made a 15 footer for bogey on 18 to save the day.

It's almost scary how well I'm hitting the ball this early in the season. I've made a couple of minor grip and posture changes, but nothing that would have led me to believe that things would be going this well. Oh well, nothing to do but ride the horse until it throws me. :whistle:

At Hyatt Indian Wells. Playing the Celebrity and Players courses tomorrow and Thursday with my 2 cousins who used to beat me growing up, but I have lower handicap now. One of them still wants to play heads up, while the other wants his strokes.

At Hyatt Indian Wells. Playing the Celebrity and Players courses tomorrow and Thursday with my 2 cousins who used to beat me growing up, but I have lower handicap now. One of them still wants to play heads up, while the other wants his strokes.

I guess you can take the money from one and give it to the other. ;)

Yesterday I played the longer regular tees and played well. Had 4 birdies and 6 bogeys for a +2 round. One of my best rounds in a long time. Today.......no birdies and a crap load of bogeys. And played the shorter senior tees today. Golf can bring you back to reality pretty quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom