Has anyone gone to one automobile?

It would seriously crap our style. My wife and I both drive everyday.

audreyh1 said:
I can't believe people say that it doesn't "cost that much" to keep extra cars around. ......................... Take a look at the space it occupies, the chores and hassles it creates, the fact that there is one extra thing to look at every day. Of course if keeping and maintaining cars is an enjoyable hobby for you - then that's a different story.

Audrey

Gosh Audrey, kinda harsh on the "one more thing to look at", but at least you acknowledge some of us enjoy cars!
<--------(see sig.)

jazz4cash said:
Gosh Audrey, kinda harsh on the "one more thing to look at", but at least you acknowledge some of us enjoy cars!
<--------(see sig.)

Ok, your sig, is alittle to small for me to identify what type of car it is. All I see is a white car with a rear spoiler, and tail lights that go aaaaaall the way across.

Corporateburnout said:
Had three cars just got rid of one. We are both still working and I commute 40 miles to work. Chances are we will keep two cars when we retire.

How does the zipcar thing work? My daughter just moved to Boston (from Southeastern MA) and I am not sure she is aware of it.

Zipcar is a great service. You pay a yearly sign up fee of around $75 (waived if you are a member of certain organizations). They give you a pass that lets you get into any zipcar car around town. You go online first and reserve it for however much time you need, in 30 minute increments, I believe. If you are in danger of going over, you can call and book more time from your cell phone. You return it to the same parking spot (a branded zipcar parking spot that they lease from an owner) when you are done. There is a gas card in each zipcar that you use to pay for gas at any station. It costs around $8.50 an hour for a nice small car and goes up to $13 hour for a BMW 3 series. But you do not have to pay for gas or insurance or anything else. I would recommend it to anyone... you can go to zipcar.com and see if they have any vehicles parked near your daughter.

My Dream said:
Ok, your sig, is alittle to small for me to identify what type of car it is. All I see is a white car with a rear spoiler, and tail lights that go aaaaaall the way across.

It's a Fiero, I believe.

And I love my cars.... they're expensive, but I can't help myself...

macdaddy said:
Zipcar is a great service. You pay a yearly sign up fee of around $75 (waived if you are a member of certain organizations). They give you a pass that lets you get into any zipcar car around town. You go online first and reserve it for however much time you need, in 30 minute increments, I believe. If you are in danger of going over, you can call and book more time from your cell phone. You return it to the same parking spot (a branded zipcar parking spot that they lease from an owner) when you are done. There is a gas card in each zipcar that you use to pay for gas at any station. It costs around $8.50 an hour for a nice small car and goes up to $13 hour for a BMW 3 series. But you do not have to pay for gas or insurance or anything else. I would recommend it to anyone... you can go to zipcar.com and see if they have any vehicles parked near your daughter.

Thanks for the info. I'll pass it along.

The two of us have owned as many as four, but will always own two. It's just way to practical to have a spare when one is being serviced or the one one that we own that is of older vintage has some part fail (and I need to be saved!).

The other issue becomes when I flitter of to Jam Night out in the sticks at Mr. Drummer's house, how could I leave my beloved stranded without a vehicle? That would just be wrong! We're currently content with one newer very reliable vehicle suitable for long trips with the Wolfhounds, and one Auction aquired older luxury car for me to tool around town in and out to music nights. This keeps the mileage and gas consumption down on the Hemi. :LOL: 8) :D

JonnyM said:
The two of us have owned as many as four, but will always own two. It's just way to practical to have a spare when one is being serviced or the one one that we own that is of older vintage has some part fail (and I need to be saved!).

The other issue becomes when I flitter of to Jam Night out in the sticks at Mr. Drummer's house, how could I leave my beloved stranded without a vehicle? That would just be wrong! We're currently content with one newer very reliable vehicle suitable for long trips with the Wolfhounds, and one Auction aquired older luxury car for me to tool around town in and out to music nights. This keeps the mileage and gas consumption down on the Hemi. :LOL: 8) :D

Bluesmobile?

Actually planning to go up to two (well, three, counting my DS's '93 Sable). I have a pickup, and would like to keep it. But one of these days, I'd like to get a gas-friendly vehicle, say a Toyota Matrix, for daily driving.

We went down from 5 to 3. I retired this year and my DD and I share a vehicle. My DH has his SUV and his baby. DD does not want to drive to school because she would have to leave so much earlier in order to get a parking space, so I get to drive her to school and pick her up. She thinks that I don't have anything else to do all day since I am retired. She works part-time and usually drives it to work. It is working out well sharing a car with her.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom