Holiday Inn ipo nursing home?

Yea, but you'll have to tip big to get them to change your diapers.

There are some folks who do similar on cruise ships, though the price is going to be somewhat higher, but also includes all food, lots of entertainment, as well as travel.

It's certainly not for everyone. But depending on the person, it could work out very well. You become friendly with the staff, they keep an eye out for you.

Could have been the lap swimming that threw me off, but it seems he is using the facility more as an active senior community than an assisted living facility.

What do they do when you lose your mind? Lock you in your cabin?

There are some folks who do similar on cruise ships, though the price is going to be somewhat higher, but also includes all food, lots of entertainment, as well as travel.

It's certainly not for everyone. But depending on the person, it could work out very well. You become friendly with the staff, they keep an eye out for you.

Old story. Not a bad substitute for senior living, but not a care facility. After the 6 month furnace repair, roof, tree and fence debacle I was wondering what the cost of moving to an Embassy Suite would be. Still cheaper to stay home.
Never read the "If you fall and break a hip, Medicare will pay for the hip, and Holiday Inn will upgrade you to a suite for the rest of your life.” on the contracts posted on the Holiday inn door.

We once went on a repositioning cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to Europe on Holland America.
We'd always heard about that cruise line's average age being 85 years, and I've never seen so many walkers and wheel chairs as on that boat. And I've never run into a larger group of mega-cruisers that have spent years at sea with Holland America--going from cruise to cruise.

There was a large group of 90 somethings on there all wearing "Wild Things" t shirts. And one 85 year old lady brought "Daddy" with her, and he was in diapers.

I will bet that each walker, wheelchair, and diapered "Daddy" (was it really her father? Daddy is what a lot of very elderly ladies call their husbands) had a caregiver with them, and it wasn't a cruise line employee.

There was a large group of 90 somethings on there all wearing "Wild Things" t shirts. And one 85 year old lady brought "Daddy" with her, and he was in diapers.

What do they do when you lose your mind? Lock you in your cabin?

Not sure, but the last cruise I was on, they had a small 'morgue' room for anyone who passed away while the ship was at sea.

omni

Not sure, but the last cruise I was on, they had a small 'morgue' room for anyone who passed away while the ship was at sea.

omni
Geeze, I thought they just carried a weighted bag.

94 year old on a cruise ship for YEARS!!!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/irenelevine/2018/12/01/captain-of-his-destiny-the-man-who-has-lived-on-a-cruise-ship-for-13-years/#6874838a6d4a

I was on the same ship with him in 2018. I was also asked to take care of a friend's 93 year old mother, but I could not keep up with her. She stayed up too late dancing and drinking (maybe the other way around).

Anyway, you do get free medical care on the ship he was on (Regent Seven Seas) as well as free food, internet, entertainment...not sure about butt wiping.

omni

How does one even come to that knowledge? Was this just common knowledge shared amongst the passengers? Or, did you have to seek it out? Don’t tell me it came up while you were eating at the Captain’s table.

What does free medical care on a ship mean? We had to use it once and I was not impressed by the thoroughness. I think it's basically give you a band aid or an aspirin, and if it's a lot more than that they'll stabilize you and drop you at the nearest port with a hospital. I'd bet you can't get any real lab work like what you'd get at your annual check up so it's not going to be a replacement for wellness checks either.

What does free medical care on a ship mean? We had to use it once and I was not impressed by the thoroughness. I think it's basically give you a band aid or an aspirin, and if it's a lot more than that they'll stabilize you and drop you at the nearest port with a hospital.

I think that’s exactly what it is.

How does one even come to that knowledge? Was this just common knowledge shared amongst the passengers? Or, did you have to seek it out? Don’t tell me it came up while you were eating at the Captain’s table.

I can't recall the exact details as to how I learned about this. It wasn't common knowledge or dinner talk.

I think I was wandering around on the 3rd deck...and somehow asked a crew member about a certain room or something.

After I heard about it, it makes a lot of sense...considering 2000-3000 people on a cruise, a cruise can be for several weeks, many folks are older, etc.

One simply can't dump bodies willy-nilly into the sea any more.

omni

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom